Keir Starmer

Private Eye were taking the piss out of it a month ago.

I dread him trying to make a joke of it and either flubbing the delivery or getting forced laughter. Someone will probably think that it's a good idea though.
Yes, but there’s a difference between a Private Eye joke and him being openly mocked on live TV about it. And his subsequent pontification was ridiculous. People clearly weren’t mocking his dad’s trade. Absolutely preposterous to suggest it was.

He’s inviting ridicule if he mentions it again. I reckon it’s been shelved.

Yes, but there’s a difference between a Private Eye joke and him being openly mocked on live TV about it. And his subsequent pontification was ridiculous. People clearly weren’t mocking his dad’s trade. Absolutely preposterous to suggest it was.

He’s inviting ridicule if he mentions it again. I reckon it’s been shelved.

I was more thinking that if PE are noting it, then it should be shut down immediately, not weeks later.

I hope so too. I've not seen whatever pontification was made, or noticed anyone suggesting the trade was being mocked - that is bizarre.

Did he only say it on GB News or repeat it elsewhere?

Maybe he was trying to win votes from the racists that watch that channel that might come from e.g. old mining towns or other deindustrialised areas?
Don’t know where he said it. Just heard the clip on Fivelive yesterday. He was tightly mocked by Adrian Chiles.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.