Keir Starmer

I’m actually pleased he has returned some of the cash value he received and his promise of setting up some standards is to be applauded imo so long as it happens and the public can see some real standards set and Westminster adhering to them.
I love when someone's morals and standards miraculously and coincidentally improve during a media shit storm. I'm glad his supporters have got comfort knowing their man suddenly saw the light and now see this as a positive.

Suppose he will need to tighten his belt(free?) now.

#allinittogether

Is that the list again?

Plan to - done

Will - have

Everytime you post it I'll be back(unless I miss it)

Anyhow more important things mate

The song cup!!!!!!!!

His problem is that his main selling point was that now 'the grownups are in charge' and he is just better than his Tory colleagues even though his policy promises didn't amount to much. Having set himself upon a tall pedestal of anti-corruption he has to be squeaky clean.
You're right. But the rules were in force and I don't remember any party standing on a mandate to change those rules, nor do I remember loads of pressure from the electorate. The situation has only come to the forefront becuase they did disclose and follow the rules. Tie that in with the right wing press and you have a story. Only this morning on LBC, Nick Ferrari interviewed a government minister and was late for the news covering this, whilst not a single question on Ukraine or the Middle East crisis.

Last edited:
What and deprive himself of the chuckles we all have at your ramblings?

You still haven't told us what you do for a job so we can all decide if you're overpaid or not, the way you have regarding plumbers. I won't hold my breath!
It's a forum with a certain amount of anonymity. It's none of your business what his job is or mine what yours is.

You won't find many who don't think plumbers who earn lots if money though.

It's a forum with a certain amount of anonymity. It's none of your business what his job is or mine what yours is.

You won't find many who don't think plumbers who earn lots if money though.
Then don't be scathing about what a plumber, train driver or other occupation earns. It still remains anonymous if he's for example, an Estate Agent or pilot.

But let's not forget the reason why, plumbers and other tradesmen are now able to command a higher income.

Here's some FACTs (mostly) from the internet that shocked me.
---
Average annual earnings for full-time employees in the UK 2023, by percentile. In 2023, the average annual full-time earnings for the top ten percent of earners in the United Kingdom was 66,669 British pounds, compared with 21,000 for the bottom ten percent of earners.4 Jul 2024
---
The latest government data (published September 2024) reveals that the mean average UK weekly wage (including bonuses) across all industry sectors (in England and Wales) is £689 gross. That's the equivalent to an annual pre-tax salary of about £35,830
---
And
---
Average salary of a train driver, without overtime, would rise from £60,000 to £69,000 if Aslef members vote to accept.
---
And
---
The Average Plumber salary in the UK is£37,995
Low£36,291 High£40,126
---
And
---
Various job boards and recruitment sites that track the salaries of jobs they post suggest the average wage of a UK nurse is somewhere around the £37,000 to £42,000 a year mark. Interestingly, more than 50% of Adult nurses are between the age of 41 and 60.
---
And
---
The average doctor in the UK is estimated to earn between £41,300 and £143,100. This value will be affected by the level of training of the doctor, the number of unsociable hours worked, and the doctor's job role.
---
And
---
The average shop assistant salary in the United Kingdom is £22,388 per year or £11.48 per hour. Entry level positions start at £21,036 per year while most experienced workers make up to £28,176 per year.
---
And
---
The average cleaner salary in the United Kingdom is £21,867 per year or £11.21 per hour. Entry level positions start at £20,731 per year while most experienced workers make up to £29,269 per year.
---

My rule of thumb is that, if you are on less than the average £35,830 then you have my sympathy and support.

---
Average annual earnings for full-time employees in the UK 2023, by percentile. In 2023, the average annual full-time earnings for the top ten percent of earners in the United Kingdom was 66,669 British pounds, compared with 21,000 for the bottom ten percent of earners.4 Jul 2024
---
The latest government data (published September 2024) reveals that the mean average UK weekly wage (including bonuses) across all industry sectors (in England and Wales) is £689 gross. That's the equivalent to an annual pre-tax salary of about £35,830
---
And
---
Average salary of a train driver, without overtime, would rise from £60,000 to £69,000 if Aslef members vote to accept.
---
And
---
Low£36,291 High£40,126
---
And
---
Various job boards and recruitment sites that track the salaries of jobs they post suggest the average wage of a UK nurse is somewhere around the £37,000 to £42,000 a year mark. Interestingly, more than 50% of Adult nurses are between the age of 41 and 60.
---
And
---
The average doctor in the UK is estimated to earn between £41,300 and £143,100. This value will be affected by the level of training of the doctor, the number of unsociable hours worked, and the doctor's job role.
---
And
---
The average shop assistant salary in the United Kingdom is £22,388 per year or £11.48 per hour. Entry level positions start at £21,036 per year while most experienced workers make up to £28,176 per year.
---
And
---
The average cleaner salary in the United Kingdom is £21,867 per year or £11.21 per hour. Entry level positions start at £20,731 per year while most experienced workers make up to £29,269 per year.
---

My rule of thumb is that, if you are on less than the average £35,830 then you have my sympathy and support.
Better to use median salary as it avoids outlying figures that skew the average. Some organisations analysing pay use median for that reason.

As an MP on 90k, I would always ask why that is not enough for you when you represent constituents whose average pay is significantly under half your salary.

---
---
---
And
---
---
And
---
Low£36,291 High£40,126
---
And
---
---
And
---
---
And
---
---
And
---
---

That's because they're not facts.

Then don't be scathing about what a plumber, train driver or other occupation earns. It still remains anonymous if he's for example, an Estate Agent or pilot.

But let's not forget the reason why, plumbers and other tradesmen are now able to command a higher income.

So you want to criticise what @Chippy_boy does/earn to stop him criticising what others earn? The irony.

What do you earn/do? Guess what it’s none of my fucking business….and I also don’t care.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.