There’s conflicting information but lots of sources say that Candida feeds off sugar, so you should limit carbs as much as possible.

My nutritional therapist thinks a paleo diet is a good option for Candida, leaky gut etc.
You need to cut back on sugar not a strict low carb diet where the carbs, protein and fat are a fine balance , the paleo sounds better

There’s conflicting information but lots of sources say that Candida feeds off sugar, so you should limit carbs as much as possible.

My nutritional therapist thinks a paleo diet is a good option for Candida, leaky gut etc.
That may work but a paleo diet is restrictive too.

Have you not considered just a regular diet with more water, veg, and general clean eating? You'd be surprised how powerful a micronutrient rich diet can be, and it's not too far away from a paleo diet if you're not eating junk.

Why would you do it for that reason ? Keto flu is only a week, you have to drink loads as you wee more early on
I know you have to watch your electrolytes but I was still tired all the time even after loading up on magnesium, potassium and salt.
And now I have some semblance of a social life (I have one friend :p), the ketogenic diet is even harder to commit to because of peer pressure.

I know you have to watch your electrolytes but I was still tired all the time even after loading up on magnesium, potassium and salt.
And now I have some semblance of a social life (I have one friend :p), the ketogenic diet is even harder to commit to because of peer pressure.
Wish i had a friend lol, the keto is hard to do and you would be better off cutting out all junk and refiined sugars and eat clean as suggested above, things like sauces have a ton of sugar in so watch that as well

That may work but a paleo diet is restrictive too.

Have you not considered just a regular diet with more water, veg, and general clean eating? You'd be surprised how powerful a micronutrient rich diet can be, and it's not too far away from a paleo diet if you're not eating junk.
‘Brain fog’ is my biggest issue and it’s been a problem my entire life.

An organic acid test confirmed I had quite severe Candida and my NT subsequently put me on a variety of SBO probiotics, a GI repair product and a multivitamin. In combination with a healthy diet, I did notice an improvement in my energy levels, cognition and general well-being. But I foolishly became addicted to caffeine again (I have ADHD, so I’m always under stimulated) and the lack of clarity in my head returned.

I agree with your point. If I avoid/limit processed foods, drink lots of water and eat a healthy balance of primarily organic fruits, vegetables & poultry, I feel a whole lot better in myself. Intermittent fasting helps too.

Wish i had a friend lol, the keto is hard to do and you would be better off cutting out all junk and refiined sugars and eat clean as suggested above, things like sauces have a ton of sugar in so watch that as well
I thought you sometimes met up with people on here? Sorry if that isn’t the case. Loneliness is tough.

I agree with your point. If I avoid/limit processed foods, drink lots of water and eat a healthy balance of primarily organic fruits, vegetables & poultry, I feel a whole lot better in myself. Intermittent fasting helps too.
Well just do that then. Any fad diet is only going to stress you out and if you miss one day you'll likely snowball. Just keep it simple and don't stress yourself out.

Also yeah, try and find ways to limit caffeine. It's probably affecting your sleep for the worse.

Yeah i have been to three games farly recently but i live on the south coast so not where my friends on here live , i am not at all lonely, so long as i have a cat in the house
South coast? Are you in Kent?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.