Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Devastating blow to lose him for any period. We saw last season the impact he has on the team and the difference losing him for a substantial period had on the side. He is the jewel in the crown.

What is it with us and injuries? Gundogan (bought while carrying an injury), Delph, Silva, Aguero, Kompany and now De Bruyne. All of them have/will miss games with various injuries. And we're not even out of september yet.

This lad is worth every penny of his price tag. His vision, passing,energy,etc etc is what I have wanted to see at City for years.
I hope he manages to stay injury free, he's got Player of the Season written all over him.

What is it with us and injuries? Gundogan (bought while carrying an injury), Delph, Silva, Aguero, Kompany and now De Bruyne. All of them have/will miss games with various injuries. And we're not even out of september yet.
Pep's training methods may be the reason, I'm afraid - he's had an awful injury record for Bayern. His Barca record is much better, but that team was almost entirely made up of La Masia graduates. Their bodies were accustomed to 'that' kind of play from their teens.

We going to miss him against spurs which for me is our biggest game of the season, a draw be fine for me.

You never want players injured but its part of the game so lets hope Kev is only missing from the next two games and is fine to come back for Everton.

Strength in depth is paramount and we have a squad of 21 that is good enough provided not too many key position players are out injured for any length of time to be competitive in every game.

What I like about Pep is that he has the belief that players can adapt to other positions and making them believe they can e.g Playing Kolorov in central defence and I am sure he will have other tricks up his sleeve if need be.

This is the best way to cover injuries as its likely that a number of players will miss games through injury and suspension under Pep.

In saying all that I think most would argue that KDB's loss is one we feel the most at present.

Pep's training methods may be the reason, I'm afraid - he's had an awful injury record for Bayern. His Barca record is much better, but that team was almost entirely made up of La Masia graduates. Their bodies were accustomed to 'that' kind of play from their teens.
Out of that list

Gundogan hasn't been injured since joining
Aguero hasn't been injured
Delph is always injured so no change
Kompany the same

So you've got Silva and KDB, both of whom had injuries last season as well whilst we were the 'laziest' team to not be relegated.

Well last season & this season, I predicted the potential injuries to KDB (& Silva this season) & have been spot on.

No coincidence imo that he ran the length of the pitch to save a goal at our end just before breaking down. This is not based on science or stats or machines, it's based on watching the players when they are fully fit & watching them later. If they look like they are straining, then they probably are. If they keep doing it, they get injured.

Last year, the clown just basically took the piss by running KDB into the ground. This time Pep has at least tried to prevent it, but it was too late & the science has once again failed, as it is doing regularly all around the country imo.

Imo, some, if not all of the players are just not capable of maintaining that kind of intensity and some will either slow down to stay fit, or get injured & if Pep wants to play that way, even though he's tried to keep on top of it, he will have to rotate even more. Even if it means KDB sometimes playing 3 games for 60 mins like Gundogan (who is also imo in that ' potentially soon to be injured' situation due to no pre season) & then missing one completely.

Again, due to Delph & Fernando getting injured, this is where the kids could have helped but all the ones of the correct age & physicality have been loaned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.