Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This lad is worth every penny of his price tag. His vision, passing,energy,etc etc is what I have wanted to see at City for years.
I hope he manages to stay injury free, he's got Player of the Season written all over him.
Agreed pal

Out of that list

Gundogan hasn't been injured since joining
Aguero hasn't been injured
Delph is always injured so no change
Kompany the same

So you've got Silva and KDB, both of whom had injuries last season as well whilst we were the 'laziest' team to not be relegated.

agreed & in fact virtually all of the players look leaner, fitter and are able to do the 90 minutes and still look fresh. Pep's training was always high intensity and full on and then take into account the mental intensity & energy that he is asking his players to rise up to and the reality is that one or two players will take a bit of time to catch up and might suffer the occasional tweak, but we can all see just how alert all the players are.

Hopefully just misses the Spurs match and comes back refreshed after the international break!

He will be missed while he's out injured, watching him in full flow is poetry in motion, reminiscent of king Colin.

He will be missed while he's out injured, watching him in full flow is poetry in motion, reminiscent of king Colin.

He really is, on the ball, & his run back to stop Swansea from scoring was reminiscent of the King, without the ball.

Imo, we need to wrap him in cotton wool & make sure he is 100% fit for the big games. We really should be able to win vs the lesser sides, without needing KDB for 90 mins.

He really is, on the ball, & his run back to stop Swansea from scoring was reminiscent of the King, without the ball.

Imo, we need to wrap him in cotton wool & make sure he is 100% fit for the big games. We really should be able to win vs the lesser sides, without needing KDB for 90 mins.

He is reminiscent of the King at times but there's plenty of differences. Kev is definitely the more creative of the two. Both are very important to their team so I agree that we don't want to see Kev overplayed. With Silva, Gundogan, Dinho and Garcia as options for inside forwards, we should be able to rotate effectively.

He is reminiscent of the King at times but there's plenty of differences. Kev is definitely the more creative of the two. Both are very important to their team so I agree that we don't want to see Kev overplayed. With Silva, Gundogan, Dinho and Garcia as options for inside forwards, we should be able to rotate effectively.

Well the biggest difference is defensively, where Bell at his best would be better than anyone currently in our back 4, & also in the air, where he would be better than anyone currently playing football, wheras Kev is more imaginitive with an instant forward pass.

But then again,more flamboyantly creative, but perhaps not more creative, I would argue. Baring in mind the King often operated from deeper due to defensive duities & at his peak managed about 18 goals in a season whilst still doing that.

And of course he was hampered by injuries a fair bit himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.