Kevin Parker .

Hi folks

Someone emailed me to advise that my comments had caused a bit of a stir. I was actually unaware of what those comments were until I checked this site and then the BBC site.

Firstly,can I say I do not speak on bahalf on any other supporter or indeed even members of The OSC. I have an opinion like everyone else (thats is what this site is about isn't it ?) and when asked I will say what I think

Personally I am disappointed that Robinho appears to be leaving City as I think he has fantastic ability and could be the difference between us winning a trophy or not and possibily finishing in the top 4. There is no doubt however that City fans have split opinions about whether he should go or stay, certainly that was the view of those at Scunthorpe yesterday. I can't ever remember him being slated as much as he was by some fans there although that was possibily on the back of the stories suggesting he was leaving.

Personally I do think he has been left behind a bit by everything else that has happened this season. We have managed to get to the Carling Cup Semi-Final (and beat them lot in the first leg) and 5th in The Premiership without him playing a great deal this season, but just imagine what we can do if he is in the team and playing well !

The point I made about him being a distraction was actually that the Press are creating a distraction when in reality we should all be concentrating on Wednesdays game

Apologies if I have offended anyone, that was not the intention. Those who know me know that is not what I am about. Those who dont know me will, I accept, read the article and be upset if they dont agree with what it says.

That's fair enough then. Another example of the press twisting a story to create an anti-Robinho story. It would be a sad day when the chairman of the City supporters club criticised a current Manchester City player in such a way.

General said:
Hi folks

Someone emailed me to advise that my comments had caused a bit of a stir. I was actually unaware of what those comments were until I checked this site and then the BBC site.

Firstly,can I say I do not speak on bahalf on any other supporter or indeed even members of The OSC. I have an opinion like everyone else (thats is what this site is about isn't it ?) and when asked I will say what I think

Personally I am disappointed that Robinho appears to be leaving City as I think he has fantastic ability and could be the difference between us winning a trophy or not and possibily finishing in the top 4. There is no doubt however that City fans have split opinions about whether he should go or stay, certainly that was the view of those at Scunthorpe yesterday. I can't ever remember him being slated as much as he was by some fans there although that was possibily on the back of the stories suggesting he was leaving.

Personally I do think he has been left behind a bit by everything else that has happened this season. We have managed to get to the Carling Cup Semi-Final (and beat them lot in the first leg) and 5th in The Premiership without him playing a great deal this season, but just imagine what we can do if he is in the team and playing well !

The point I made about him being a distraction was actually that the Press are creating a distraction when in reality we should all be concentrating on Wednesdays game

Apologies if I have offended anyone, that was not the intention. Those who know me know that is not what I am about. Those who dont know me will, I accept, read the article and be upset if they dont agree with what it says.

Calling yourself 'General' just about sums you up really

General said:
Hi folks

Fair play for coming on and explaining.. seems your comments have been taken out of context. The media have been engineering his departure since he arrived. Sorry to see him leave personally...

ps: The General was a well known city hoolie... :-)

Not into the whole supporter's club scene myself but you have to laugh at the drama queens on here.

If you accept that there are such things as supporter's clubs then you have to accept that they are going to be asked to comment on things and that that duty will usually fall to one or two individuals.

And they are going to have opinions, just like everyone else. And those opinions are going to be reflected in any quotes. That's why the quotes have the person's name next to them, funninly enough. You know, it's a bit of a give away.

So someone in that position has said that Robinho is offering little and is a distraction that is not ideal at the moment.

Woweee, that is an off the wall one. It's not like there's anyone else who might think something similar is it?

You have to love the drama queens who seethe about such things and take it as a personal affront. Why is anyone at all bothered by another City fan expressing his opinion. It's not like a huge weight or importance is given to it or that everyone reads it and thinks "Oh, that must be what every City fan thinks."

Perhaps the best solution would be to enforce every City fan to publically agree with any view that I express on here. What, with them always being 100% correct, and stuff.

Fairplay for coming on and giving us your personal thoughts , they are portrayed very differently on the BBC website , especially the ones in quotation marks !!

I cant deny having said some of the stuff reported on the BBC website but cant recall in every detail exactly what I said. However I am always (at least try to be) careful in ensuring the comments are seen to be coming from me rather than "on behalf" of others. The majority of the interview was actually about Wednesday night so I am surprised that so much on my Robinho comments were included.They also didn't include the fact that I said if he did have to go out on loan then hopefully he will come back in the summer refreshed. Playing at home and then for Brazil in the World Cup might just be the incentive he needs. As for choosing the name General, it was meant as that - something general rather than specific, didn't realise that would wind anyone up but just goes to show doesn't it

I have to say Kevin that for me you seem to appear in front of the camera's everytime something happens at our club. You say you in no way are attempting to speak for the City supporters however you know full well that is how it is perseved when it goes out on tv. I think someone else has touched on this but youre opinions do seem to be very much on party lines so I just can't believe you when you say that it is "you're" opinion. I have seen this happen many times. You start out just following the club, going to games, supporters meetings etc. Next thing you become involved with running the branch and before you know it you're involved at the club and you're opinion becomes whatever the club wants putting out that week.
I think it's good to read what you have wrote on hear but it just doesn't wash I'm afraid Kevin. Examples would be the club being attacked by the media, or the media setting an agenda against a player as in this case. I have seen youre interviews on tv and read things said by yourself with my own eyes and it does really annoy me to see/read it as if you speak for the City support.

What a load of absolute drivel this thread is.

Kevin is chairman of the OSC. Why on earth should he not be asked for a fan's opinion from time to time? And why should he not be able to give his opinion without worrying about treading on eggshells because someone might not agree?

There is nothing wrong with anything you've said Kevin. It's patently obvious that Robinho has been left behind this season rather than being at the forefront of our progress. I don't see how anyone can dispute that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.