Khaldoon Interview on OS

You cant help feeling positive and optimistic about the future of our club, when we have such talent leading our club.

Really enjoyed that interview (as I have done all of Khaldoun's post season assessments since he was made chairman), and am surprised at the amount of cynicism in this thread with regards the things he's said. He's clear, concise, and to the point on the major talking points from the last 12 months. It's a brutal assessment in places but they'd sacked a manager so it'd needed to be brutal. Would've looked odd sitting down and saying "we're happy to have finished 2nd". It's clear that the expectations in AD, based on their investment, are literally to be winning big things every year whilst playing sexy football. It might well seem like wanting too much, but it's something I agree with entirely. If you're going to take a club like City from where we were to the top of the tree, and you have carte blanche in terms of how you do it, then why not strive for the ideal (Barca), rather than being successful by being efficient and functional. Might take you a bit longer to get there, but the satisfaction would be all the greater.

What was enormously positive for me were the words on Rodwell, and the talk of guys like Micah, Joe, etc being the core of the club and receiving new contracts. Also good to see Marwood once again getting praise along Ferran, Txiki, etc. I realise it's easy to be cynical and go "well they're just platitudes - what d'you expect him say" - in my opinion Khaldoun isn't that kind of guy. Maybe I'm being naive but I do believe him and take him at face value in these end of season interviews. I suspect if I felt that it was just a contrived dog and pony show for the supporters with no real depth to his sentiments then I wouldn't watch them.

BillyShears said:
Really enjoyed that interview (as I have done all of Khaldoun's post season assessments since he was made chairman), and am surprised at the amount of cynicism in this thread with regards the things he's said. He's clear, concise, and to the point on the major talking points from the last 12 months. It's a brutal assessment in places but they'd sacked a manager so it'd needed to be brutal. Would've looked odd sitting down and saying "we're happy to have finished 2nd". It's clear that the expectations in AD, based on their investment, are literally to be winning big things every year whilst playing sexy football. It might well seem like wanting too much, but it's something I agree with entirely. If you're going to take a club like City from where we were to the top of the tree, and you have carte blanche in terms of how you do it, then why not strive for the ideal (Barca), rather than being successful by being efficient and functional. Might take you a bit longer to get there, but the satisfaction would be all the greater.

What was enormously positive for me were the words on Rodwell, and the talk of guys like Micah, Joe, etc being the core of the club and receiving new contracts. Also good to see Marwood once again getting praise along Ferran, Txiki, etc. I realise it's easy to be cynical and go "well they're just platitudes - what d'you expect him say" - in my opinion Khaldoun isn't that kind of guy. Maybe I'm being naive but I do believe him and take him at face value in these end of season interviews. I suspect if I felt that it was just a contrived dog and pony show for the supporters with no real depth to his sentiments then I wouldn't watch them.

There are people in the Emirates that almost craps in their pants when Khaldoon turns up wanting to know why something is a mess or behind schedule..trust me!

BillyShears said:

Agreed! Good post mate

The media are making and will continue to make great play of the City are here to win trophies. Sets a high standard. But everyone at City needs to know what is expected of them.

As many said last season, our mentality after winning the title could have been better.

Santiago Street . said:
Anodyne interview, drip fed questions by a serf

I appreciate any chairman of a major company has to utter pc banalities but why put out such a meaningless interview

Why even mention baconface ?

His long rambling answers as to the "great things" that men like Marwood and Txiki do at City were notable for their lack of detail. In the eyes of the majority of our fans, rightly or wrongly, Marwood and Txiki were the Brutus to Mancini's Caesar so please tell us why these guys are so great, what do they do that makes them more valuable to City than Bobby was.

You could tell he genuinely loved our win at the swamp though, top bloke

With you on this Santiago - if you are doing a PR/statement of intent video like this - why talk about your opposition.

Also for such an important video why the hell did they not do a record sound check before they did the interview. Ridiculously low level sound recording - full level sound is only just makes it audible.

BillyShears said:

Great post

Khaldoon is a quality Chairman. Couldn't fault his interview at all. We're very lucky to have him and our owner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.