Kicked out for swearing!

It might be worth mentioning that the wigan assistant was giving it loads to the linesman. Dead loud dead clear loads of kids about

King Geedorah said:
Not commenting on this particular incident but some of what you hear is a bit too much. I mean I'm not offended by it but the only reason people will scream what they do is their surrounded by blues and nothing will come of it. I bet no-one would call Delap a "mutant ****" to his face; just seems like a cheap dig but maybe thats just me.

But yeah, if he had no warning then this is pretty disgraceful treatment of a loyal blue.
errr....so you did comment on this particular incident!

the problem is that abusive or threatening language is actually illegal, and you can be arrested on the street for doing so. for this reason the club, HAS TO, have an official policy that makes this not allowed. However, policing this policy should be a different question, as the reality is some people (myself included) are never gonna stop swearing while watching sport, so only the very worst offenders should even be warned and common sense should be used.

i sit in the family stand and must say we hear swearing at every game, and have never seen anyone warned let alone thrown out. unfortunatley as highlighted in the above example, someone has taken it upon themselves to report someone to the kgb, and they have to look in to it and take the complaint seriously. don't think this is the clubs fault but over zealous supporters.

The day they chuck me out of City because of my behaviour is the day I walk away for good.

Doesn't matter how much I've invested them over the years, how much I love the club... the day they eject me will be the last time City see me at the ground.

I'll become a Sky armchair fan rather than being treated like a pariah.<br /><br />-- Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:38 am --<br /><br />
blue_taff said:
the problem is that abusive or threatening language is actually illegal, and you can be arrested on the street for doing so. for this reason the club, HAS TO, have an official policy that makes this not allowed. However, policing this policy should be a different question, as the reality is some people (myself included) are never gonna stop swearing while watching sport, so only the very worst offenders should even be warned and common sense should be used.

i sit in the family stand and must say we hear swearing at every game, and have never seen anyone warned let alone thrown out. unfortunatley as highlighted in the above example, someone has taken it upon themselves to report someone to the kgb, and they have to look in to it and take the complaint seriously. don't think this is the clubs fault but over zealous supporters.

Would this also apply to players and managers who swear?

Or are they above the Law?

Did anyone hear the PA announcer against Fulham i think. He said the usual message about smoking in ground etc and safety stuff, then at the end he said foul language will not be tolerated in the family stand. He did not mention any other stand in the ground. So by that there should not be a problem if it is not in the family stand.

Soulboy said:
The day they chuck me out of City because of my behaviour is the day I walk away for good.

Doesn't matter how much I've invested them over the years, how much I love the club... the day they eject me will be the last time City see me at the ground.

I'll become a Sky armchair fan rather than being treated like a pariah.

-- Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:38 am --

blue_taff said:

the stewards were rounding up on the guy in front of me on Wednesday as they thought he had an air-horn
they had four stewards, one on each row above and below him and at each end, watching for him to use it
it's getting ridiculous

squirtyflower said:
Soulboy said:

I'll become a Sky armchair fan rather than being treated like a pariah.

-- Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:38 am --

the stewards were rounding up on the guy in front of me on Wednesday as they thought he had an air-horn
they had four stewards, one on each row above and below him and at each end, watching for him to use it
it's getting ridiculous

Those that are pissed off with thousands leaving early are missing the point that they haven't just fooked off home early...they have been ejected for one of the million and one offences that the club and stewards are now enforcing ;-)

blueinsa said:
squirtyflower said:
it's getting ridiculous

Those that are pissed off with thousands leaving early are missing the point that they haven't just fooked off home early...they have been ejected for one of the million and one offences that the club and stewards are now enforcing ;-)
lol

So on the strength of 2 things said by an OP who clearly wasnt there (because he is still trying to find out what happened at page 3)

the two "facts" are
1) He was thrown out for swearing
2) He has been a supporter for 52 years

The Blue Moon jury of 12 good men and true vote by a majority of 9 to 3 to blame the club and its policies for the whole incident.

CASE CLOSED
Let's move on

at squirtyflower

completely agree they should't even consider trying to stop people using obscene language from the fans, while managers and players are constantly abusing each other. i would never want this to happen (for obvious reasons), but if they are serious about this point why not let the law get involved, im sure they would all stop if a criminal record was threatened. maybe football isn't for people who don't understand the reality and passion of playing and supporting a team sport.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.