Kiev ban over turned

You are all worrying too much about the cold. Yes it'll be "fresh" but won't be that bad. Wrap up for the game mind.

Bill, you have obviously been there before. Do you know if the Hotel Ukraine is close to the stadium? I booked it because I heard other blues were staying there - without checking these things. Thanks

Bill, you have obviously been there before. Do you know if the Hotel Ukraine is close to the stadium? I booked it because I heard other blues were staying there - without checking these things. Thanks
According to Google maps it's a 26 minute walk - 2.2km. I stayed at that hotel last time. Great location, trying another part of town this time though.

That hotel was a 2 minute walk from the old ground and is 20 minutes from the new stadium.
Good hotel when we last stayed there,we are using it again

I think me and a mate might hold the record for the shortest visit: arriving into Boryspil at 14:30 on Air France, and leaving at 07:10 the next day on KLM...! Based on the k/o time at 21:45, and an estimated finish time of 23:45, and having to haul myself back out to the hotel at the airport (anyone else at the Old Port hotel) I reckon I'll be lucky to get 4h sleep!

A couple of things:

Anyone know what time the stadium opens for ticket collection?

Is there a particular bar/area/location that people are aiming for on Wednesday afternoon? As there won't be many of us, I'm guessing it won't be all that easy to just bump into other Blues...?

I think me and a mate might hold the record for the shortest visit: arriving into Boryspil at 14:30 on Air France, and leaving at 07:10 the next day on KLM...! Based on the k/o time at 21:45, and an estimated finish time of 23:45, and having to haul myself back out to the hotel at the airport (anyone else at the Old Port hotel) I reckon I'll be lucky to get 4h sleep!

A couple of things:

Anyone know what time the stadium opens for ticket collection?

Is there a particular bar/area/location that people are aiming for on Wednesday afternoon? As there won't be many of us, I'm guessing it won't be all that easy to just bump into other Blues...?

Yeah this would be useful to know. I'm guessing just a case of rocking up before kick off with ID/email confirmation and jobs a good un? By rocking up before kick off, I do mean in good time as it could be a little time consuming having to cross reference all the tickets with everyones ID.

All those people that have purchased tickets will be informed next week by City of the arrangements for collecting them,I think they are being done by City's staff who will be over there.

Yeah this would be useful to know. I'm guessing just a case of rocking up before kick off with ID/email confirmation and jobs a good un? By rocking up before kick off, I do mean in good time as it could be a little time consuming having to cross reference all the tickets with everyones ID.
Wont take long to do 300 at the most

Wont take long to do 300 at the most

That how few tickets we've sold? I mean it's not surprising given the circumstances, but thought we might have done close to 1000. Yeah if it is only 300 then it shouldn't take too long...

That how few tickets we've sold? I mean it's not surprising given the circumstances, but thought we might have done close to 1000. Yeah if it is only 300 then it shouldn't take too long...
No official travel ,short notice and the cost will put most people off.

No official travel ,short notice and the cost will put most people off.

Oh yeah, I appreciate all that. Also doesn't help that Ukraine isn't the most attractive of destinations! I just thought, possibly naively, that with 2200 tickets available, we might just cover about half of that, bearing in mind people who don't want to miss a game, people without too much responsibility (me!) who can go at short notice, plus those who otherwise wouldn't have been able to attend due to lacking the required points. I think having so few fans there could make this one quite the experience, not quite an 'I was there' moment but certainly a memorable trip, hopefully for all the right reasons.

It is pleasing to see quite a few people on this thread are making this their first Euro away day. Just be warned, its the football version of crack cocaine and once you've done one then there will be no stopping ya! ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.