Kiev ban over turned

Oh yeah, I appreciate all that. Also doesn't help that Ukraine isn't the most attractive of destinations! I just thought, possibly naively, that with 2200 tickets available, we might just cover about half of that, bearing in mind people who don't want to miss a game, people without too much responsibility (me!) who can go at short notice, plus those who otherwise wouldn't have been able to attend due to lacking the required points. I think having so few fans there could make this one quite the experience, not quite an 'I was there' moment but certainly a memorable trip, hopefully for all the right reasons.

It is pleasing to see quite a few people on this thread are making this their first Euro away day. Just be warned, its the football version of crack cocaine and once you've done one then there will be no stopping ya! ;)
The criteria for being taken seriously on this forum will no longer be if you were at York away, but if you were at Kiev away!

Bill, you have obviously been there before. Do you know if the Hotel Ukraine is close to the stadium? I booked it because I heard other blues were staying there - without checking these things. Thanks
It's a good hotel. Stayed there last time. Don't know where the stadium is from there though . We played at a different one last time. We are staying elsewhere this trip.

That hotel was a 2 minute walk from the old ground and is 20 minutes from the new stadium.
Good hotel when we last stayed there,we are using it again

Thanks M18SK13, Chappie, Bill - sounds good

Last edited:
I'm off on Wednesday morning from Heathrow . I've got a spare BA lounge pass for anyone who fancies food and beer before the flight

Just been doing my planning for whilst I'm over there. Accuweather is predicting it will be raining the day of the game to make it feel like home, although highs of 2°C during the day and -4°C in the evening will be a bit cooler to what we've had this winter!

The pound has been struggling of late so we might have to pay as much as 76p a pint now.

I'd really recommend the Euro aways mate. They're the best bit about supporting City these days in my opinion. Danger is you get the buzz and all the sudden you're going to every one and its costing you a fortune. Some would say its a price worth paying though.

The match is at the Olympic Stadium yes, but by the sounds of it there's a lot of City fans in Hotel Ukraine so if you're wanting to tag along with others you might be better finding something around Independence square.

We're being charged £30 for the game at the Etihad so I'd expect you will be charged the same. Can you recommend a bar in Kiev (preferably fairly central)?
its a disgrace ,,,,a weeks salary for kiev worker to see game and flight from kiev,we should pay what your paying in kiev,,,,,,,WILL YOU BRING MANY????

its a disgrace ,,,,a weeks salary for kiev worker to see game and flight from kiev,we should pay what your paying in kiev,,,,,,,WILL YOU BRING MANY??chelsea manage to bring 400 in the group game ,,,,,,,and everton 600 the previous year,,,,,,for some reason the english shy away from magnificent kiev

its a disgrace ,,,,a weeks salary for kiev worker to see game and flight from kiev,we should pay what your paying in kiev,,,,,,,WILL YOU BRING MANY????

I think we might bring 200-300 due to a combination of relatively short notice, distance to travel, and limited flight options.

I appreciate it's a lot of money for your supporters but its all relative - Barcelona charged us €98 for the same round last year. Arsenal charge us £62 for the league fixture. For a game in England, £30 is one of our cheaper prices to be honest

QUOTE="Bill, post: 9199889, member: 8"]It's a good hotel. Stayed there last time. Don't know where the stadium is from there though . We played at a different one last time. We are staying elsewhere this trip.
hotel ukrainia to the stadium is 1/2 hour walk down the main street and turn right,,or get the metro to olympikskiya station and your there[/QUOTE]
try arena sports bar for a few cold beers ,10 minutes to stadium,many foreigners drink in the downstairs bar,,,,(,BASSEINAYA STREET),macdonalds nearby for your after drink snack,the onward to the stadium,good luck in the game ,

Flying Monday, back Friday. Staying in Hotel Rus. Speculatively booked on the Thursday Chernobyl tour too (Goat27). First Euro away, travelling alone so pointers about where blues will be gathering will be appreciated, especially on the day of the game. Crossing my fingers the team turns up....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.