Kolo Toure [Merged]

All this talk of finishing fourth makes me cringe a little. As much as I would love to finish fourth I'm going to keep a level head and ask for 6th. If we get any better it's a bonus... One thing I have learnt when it comes to City is we pile so much pressure on the team and ourselves that we always end up either looking the fool as fans or under performing as a team. So like I say, the big boss has asked for a 6th spot finish or better so thats good enough for me. I'm not so sure we can finish fourth this term but on paper yes we do look like a top four team (on paper though!) lets just do what we normaly do... Sit back and enjoy the rollercoaster that is Manchester City ;-)
As for Toure I think this is a good purchase (providing nothing goes wrong with the medical etc) and tbh I dont worry about the money going to Arsenal, as someone said yesterday do we not buy any top players because it gives those teams now around us additional money to spend? Also I hate the talk of "If Arsenal are letting him go it's because he's past his best", let me ask one last question... If we ever signed Messi would the same people say the same thing? "Barca only let him go because he's past his best". Sometimes top teams let top players go for reasons only known to them (money in most cases). Like I say enjoy the ride, this time it has loops in it too :-)

not my fault! said:
All this talk of finishing fourth makes me cringe a little. As much as I would love to finish fourth I'm going to keep a level head and ask for 6th. If we get any better it's a bonus... One thing I have learnt when it comes to City is we pile so much pressure on the team and ourselves that we always end up either looking the fool as fans or under performing as a team. So like I say, the big boss has asked for a 6th spot finish or better so thats good enough for me. I'm not so sure we can finish fourth this term but on paper yes we do look like a top four team (on paper though!) lets just do what we normaly do... Sit back and enjoy the rollercoaster that is Manchester City ;-)
As for Toure I think this is a good purchase (providing nothing goes wrong with the medical etc) and tbh I dont worry about the money going to Arsenal, as someone said yesterday do we not by any top players because it gives those teams now around us additional money to spend? Also I hate the talk of "If Arsenal are letting him go it's because he's past his best", let me ask one last question... If we ever signed Messi would the same people say the same thing? "Barca only let him go because he's past his best". Sometimes top teams let top players go for reasons only known to them (money in most cases). Like I say enjoy the ride, this time it has loops in it too :-)

This ^^ Very good post, agree entirely. Only thing certain about Manchester City is change ;) I'm the same as you top 6 would be fantastic, I mean that would be our highest finish in at least one or two decades wouldn't it?
Also, remember Toure handed in a transfer request in January and his relationship with Wenger has been strained ever since. Also he doesn't get along with Gallas. Think that's a lot more important reason than his supposed dip in form...

Spot on ! We won't get top 4 even if we spend another 50m on players, we will need months to bed down and get the experience that winning week in week out and going on 10 game unbeaten runs gives you.

I think too many people are falling for the mind games of rivals and the hype and thinking things will be easy .

What is the result, moaning, un rest and booing and calling for the managers head when we only come 5th or 6th and the same old same old.

The aim is 6th, publicly stated, crystal clear and unambiguos! If we come top 6 we have had a successful season and are building. All this talk of top 4 and titles is FM09 talk of naive teenagers in my view!

I think people should ask treble winning thierry henry if wenger only lets players go who are past their best

Luckily I think most fans accept 10th to 4th in one season is not going to happen. 6th is the stated minimum requirement and we should be more than good enough for that with the money that has been spent and the sides we are competing with.

mancboy123 said:
I think people should ask treble winning thierry henry if wenger only lets players go who are past their best

Great point (may go back and edit my post to make it look like I thought of it, lol) I would still have Henry now tbh 30 goals last season is not a player who is "past his best". Toure is not happy at Arsenal, we even had a Gooner on here yesterday saying he will be sorry to see him go as he is a great player. Either way, wind rain or shine, draw lose or win.... CTID.

Ticket For Schalke said:
in my eyes the people who say we wont get fourth are as bad as the ones saying we will, we dont no fuck all.
well said, until we see the team perform we will not know where we will come

not my fault! said:
mancboy123 said:

Great point (may go back and edit my post to make it look like I thought of it, lol) I would still have Henry now tbh 30 goals last season is not a player who is "past his best". Toure is not happy at Arsenal, we even had a Gooner on here yesterday saying he will be sorry to see him go as he is a great player. Either way, wind rain or shine, draw lose or win.... CTID.

Cant really go off that, think it helps winning with players such as xavi,inesta,messi and eto'o.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.