Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will miss him a lot more than some people seem to think.

Counterattacks were always the #1 tactic against Guardiola teams…and then he bought Walker and it stopped overnight.
I love Kyle. He's brilliant at nullifying pace, but let's not make stuff up. He's been involved in plenty of games where we've been done on the counter.

I can think of a few just against Liverpool, Spurs and united.

I love Kyle. He's brilliant at nullifying pace, but let's not make stuff up. He's been involved in plenty of games where we've been done on the counter.

I can think of a few just against Liverpool, Spurs and united.

IIRC We’ve conceded the fewest goals from counter attacks in the PL every single season he’s been at the club.

IIRC We’ve conceded the fewest goals from counter attacks in the PL every single season he’s been at the club.
I suppose my point is it will still be the no.1 tactic against us, with or without Kyle, purely down to the our high line and press. I'd be amazed if Pep doesn't have a plan to keep it relatively low once Kyle goes.

Pep can coach his way around players leaving, but people shouldn’t mistake that for it not causing us problems.

We lost games and missed out on titles in the 2 years we had no proper striker. We win the CL semi vs. real last year with a proper striker.

We lost the league the season after Silva left.

Pep can make a very good team despite players leaving or us missing transfer targets, that doesn’t mean we aren’t worse off because of it.
We won the league the season after Silva left

He may just want a move to get away from The Sun (newspaper) which has been stalking him for months.

Bloodyhell, I was hoping he would extend not bloody leave. His pace has been a get out of jail free card many times, the way he contanied vinicious shows he can do it at the top.
I wonder if getting little Kyle out in public made the club decide maybe its time for him to be moved on

Pep can coach his way around players leaving, but people shouldn’t mistake that for it not causing us problems.

We lost games and missed out on titles in the 2 years we had no proper striker. We win the CL semi vs. real last year with a proper striker.

We lost the league the season after Silva left.

Pep can make a very good team despite players leaving or us missing transfer targets, that doesn’t mean we aren’t worse off because of it.
You could also argue that keeping players who don’t have the drive anymore is detrimental.

Pep needs to change players to keep the message fresh. It only turns to shit if we buy players who don’t perform.

For me Walker leaving is only a big loss defensively should we draw PSG (Mbappe) and/or Madrid (Vinicius) next season. Not too worried about the setup for pretty much everyone else. But for those two matchups specifically I can see us now having a problem whereas they were held in check in recent years.
We need him for those types of games. Definitely in the keep camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.