Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope this is bollocks. I would be surprised that Kyle wants to leave given all he has achieved at City, and would be equally surprised it’s due to him not starting the CL final given he was an injury doubt. He also wouldn’t be my first thought if someone who would be desperate to play overseas.

From City’s perspective he is very important to the way we play given his recovery place. We won’t get much money from Bayern (nobody ever does) and why strengthen a CL rival, especially one of the **** clubs who manipulate with uefa to fuck us over. Also full backs is one area we are not blessed with any strength in depth. He isn’t suddenly going to be slow next season, he is one hell of an athlete. He is also one of the club captains.

IF Kyle is desperate to go then City are usually ok to facilitate the departure of loyal players. Personally I would be delighted to extend his contract from 1 year to 3.
This. Walker not be brilliant on the ball but when you need a defender to shut out likes of Vinicius, mbappe even rashford, Kyle is the man and still will be for another year or two. Madness to sell him, extend contract by 2 yrs please. Is there another right defender out there with anything like his skill set?

Madness to sell him

It's not madness if Pep sanctions the deal. Obviously.

We lack enough information and we lack the ability to process the available information in the best possible way for the simple reason we are not managers, let alone the best in the world.

IF Pep and Txiki decide to sell Kyle, they have their good reasons. I guess it's up to Kyle. IF he wants to go, he will go.

Strange one this and I'm not sure I believe it. Walker is 33 or so and would presumably have some roots here now so why move to Germany right at the end of his career?

Also it's not like Pep doesn't play him and I can see him becoming a CB this season.

Maybe it's his agent firing a warning shot to play him more often?

Kyle would flourish in the easier German league, pick up some trophies with Bayern, perhaps even another CL, get a big pension pay-off, and live in a fantastic city like Munich for a couple of years. I think Kyle has been brilliant for City but it makes sense to sell him now, especially if we can get Kimmich who is a great player and five years younger.

Cant help thinking we are going to get Kimmich? Walker going there as a right back, Goretzka staying, Laimer just signed on a free? Kimmich and Pep love each other and maybe Kimmich would like the challenge of the premier league?

Kimmich said in the last week he had heard the Barca rumours but they were rubbish and he is looking forward to next season with Bayern…

Be sad to see him go, overall he has been a fantastic signing and gave everything for our cause. There's nobody else playing right now I would have more confidence in dealing with the likes of Mbappe and Vini Jr.

That said, Kyle is 33, and parts of our squad is getting old now. Off the back of a treble win and with Pep still at the helm, maybe the club thinks it's a good time for a proper rebuild.

If he wants to challenge himself elsewhere, I wish him well for the future.

I'm surprised some of the names people keep throwing out there. Outside of Haaland when did we ever bring in an already established A Lister?

As for Walker, I'd be very disappointed if he left but his games off the pitch might be catching up with him I suspect.

I'm surprised some of the names people keep throwing out there. Outside of Haaland when did we ever bring in an already established A Lister?

As for Walker, I'd be very disappointed if he left but his games off the pitch might be catching up with him I suspect.
yeah the links to Joao Mario at Porto in March, making a bit more sense.

I really hope this is bollocks. I would be surprised that Kyle wants to leave given all he has achieved at City, and would be equally surprised it’s due to him not starting the CL final given he was an injury doubt. He also wouldn’t be my first thought if someone who would be desperate to play overseas.

From City’s perspective he is very important to the way we play given his recovery place. We won’t get much money from Bayern (nobody ever does) and why strengthen a CL rival, especially one of the **** clubs who manipulate with uefa to fuck us over. Also full backs is one area we are not blessed with any strength in depth. He isn’t suddenly going to be slow next season, he is one hell of an athlete. He is also one of the club captains.

IF Kyle is desperate to go then City are usually ok to facilitate the departure of loyal players. Personally I would be delighted to extend his contract from 1 year to 3.
I agree, my guess though is we are in talks about taking a player from Bayern and Walker‘s name has cropped up in discussions and he’s said he fancies it. Difficult from that point if he just wants a change of scenery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.