Kylian Mbappé | Real Madrid Player (pg620)

Is he?

He's certainly got an ego but all great players do... From the interviews I've seen of him, he always comes across extremely well. Doesn't promote gambling, junk food/soda IIRC, etc... Although he's certainly a lazy bastard off the ball for PSG and France.

I think Vini is much more of a Pep player and if Perez and Madrid can't help themselves to not buy Mbappe, I'd love for City to try and convince Vini to come to City as tall as a task as that likely is(Brazilian player at Madrid is the dream for most players).
No, thanks. Brilliant player, but a terrible whinging twat. The bloke would start a row in an empty phone box. And he wouldn't get away with constantly being in the ref's ear (which he is) if he played for us.

Is he?

He's certainly got an ego but all great players do... From the interviews I've seen of him, he always comes across extremely well. Doesn't promote gambling, junk food/soda IIRC, etc... Although he's certainly a lazy bastard off the ball for PSG and France.

I think Vini is much more of a Pep player and if Perez and Madrid can't help themselves to not buy Mbappe, I'd love for City to try and convince Vini to come to City as tall as a task as that likely is(Brazilian player at Madrid is the dream for most players).
Yeah. Compare and contrast falling out several times over who gets to take the penalty and having it written into his contract that he gets to take them if he’s on the pitch with Erling giving one to Gundo despite going for a PL record.

Compare and contract the joy on Erling’s face when his team mates score as opposed to sulking around the pitch and being upset he wasn’t played in.

Pep wouldn’t touch his ego and going to PSG and learning from Neymar on how to be a selfish prick was the worst move he could have made.

Talented for sure but certainly not a team player. Were we to sign him, team chemistry would inevitably collapse.

No, thanks. Brilliant player, but a terrible whinging twat. The bloke would start a row in an empty phone box. And he wouldn't get away with constantly being in the ref's ear (which he is) if he played for us.
He definitely acts like a twat in La Liga but TBF to him in all of the games versus City he really hasn't acted like that. It's clear that Madrid players feel they can get away with whatever they want in league play.

Is it me or…does €150m seem like a bargain?

He’s obviously Madrid bound but it’ll be interesting to see if they refuse to sell to them to the point of losing him for free next Summer. What if he only wants to go there?

He does seem like an arrogant bellend but he’s a phenomenal player. You can switch that sentence round too.

On one hand I’d absolutely love him to come here but on the other hand I fear he’d be like a Cancelo-like virus in the best dressing room in world football.

Either way I wouldn’t want him at a domestic rival.

Mbappé wanted to achieve a lifetime dream of playing for Real. 3 seasons ago PSG said they'd rather lose him for nothing to another side, than sell him to Real for £200m.

PSG spent a season making Mbappé ridiculous offer, after ridiculous offer, & after they essentially handed the keys to the club to Kylian, he signed a 3 year extension.

PSG offered him:

£160m re-signing on fee!

£50m per season in wages!

A say on the squad make up!

A say on transfers!

A guaranteed start in every match in whatever position he liked!

At Kylian's tender age of 22, who wouldn't have taken this £310m three year deal until he was 25 & entering his prime? It's NOT Mbappé who's at fault, it's PSG.

These contract conditions weren't Mbappe's demands, they were PSG's desperate attempts to build the French Galacticos alongside Messi & Neymar, but it only worked domestically in a one team league.

PSG have probably looked at City's steady progression & thought "Why isn't this us? We're the ones with Messi, Neymar & Mbappé, so why're we continually falling short in Europe & looking unlikely to bridge the divide any time soon?"

This is why PSG have parted ways with Messi & want rid of Neymar & half their squad. They want to rebuild their squad around Mbappé, but follow the City model of buying the players you need to compete, & not just the Hollywood names.

Now even Mbappé wants out, indicating PSG are a club in crisis who're falling apart. This isn't Mbappé's fault. He's a creation of PSG who now wants out of that madhouse.

I'd hazard a guess that none of us have ever spoken to, let alone met Mbappé? This being the case, I find it staggering that so many on this forum seem to be experts on Mbappe's character... \0/
So why doesn't he work for the team then if it's all PSG's fault?

He definitely acts like a twat in La Liga but TBF to him in all of the games versus City he really hasn't acted like that. It's clear that Madrid players feel they can get away with whatever they want in league play.
What year in the future are you from and how long did he spend in La Liga?

Confirmed that he only wants to go to Real.. and that PSG will not sell there lol. Wonder if 120+30 (105+25m£) (Ballon D'or, CL clauses etc) would be enough to get to the reported 150m€ (130m£) asking price. Thats not too bad actually.

And the amount of lying clubs do to the press is astounding really, they have never even spoken about a renewal.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.