Kylian Mbappé | Real Madrid Player (pg620)

If it's the last time we played PSG, that's not quite my recollection if the game, but the opposition must also be given credit to quietening a team full if superstars.

However, if you're a forward whose team's being mullered & you're told to hold your position for a potential turnover, I'd be more worried if Mbappé was stood smiling, than sulking. Wouldn't you be pissed if you were Mbappé, Neymar or Messi that night?

I recall Neymar practically playing LB & Mbappé waiting for passes which never came & the few that did, he was immediately swamped with zero support.

Also, is that the game where Messi hardly got a kick, but scored a late goal?
The one im thinking of was when mbappe scored but we went on to win 2-1. My memory of that game was how bad that front three were and how
Lazy they were.

What was Jack Grealish’s ‘work ethic’ like before we signed him? Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t remember him being that active defensively. He is now.
We’re talking about the best young player in world football here folks. Potentially working with the best coach in world football. Think this might just be relevant to the conversation if he’s available.

If my memory serves me right, we dominated them, hence their forward line hardly getting a kick...

You can't ignore the effect the opposition has mate...
We were so much better than them and agreed that’s what controlled them. However it was clear that forward 3 sulked and offered nothing to their team. That’s why they never win the CL and more often than not as soon as they come up against a good team get knocked out.

Nothing.

Gvardiol and Kovacic.

May also allow Pep to use Stones a lot more in midfield.
Nothing doing in the wide areas ? I think we are a pacy winger short, I’m still not sure why he’s not used Alvarez like he did Jesus at times either wide left or right

We were so much better than them and agreed that’s what controlled them. However it was clear that forward 3 sulked and offered nothing to their team. That’s why they never win the CL and more often than not as soon as they come up against a good team get knocked out.
That's a bit harsh mate. When you're in a farmers league, surrounded by superstar team mates, used to winning week in week out & getting your bollocks stroked until you gush, it must be chastening to get the runaround until the realisation hits how good you really are in the face of true top class opposition.

Messi was supposed to be PSG's bridge from being runners up to winners. It's not worked & he's hot footed it out of Paris for sunnier climes & even more money.

We saw the difference between Messi being expected to do his own running at the World Cup & Julian Alvarez doing his running for him.

The step up from the French League to Champions League is waaaaay bigger than PL to CL. That's why PSG keep failing imo.

That's a bit harsh mate. When you're in a farmers league, surrounded by superstar team mates, used to winning week in week out & getting your bollocks stroked until you gush, it must be chastening to get the runaround until the realisation hits how good you really are in the face of true top class opposition.

Messi was supposed to be PSG's bridge from being runners up to winners. It's not worked & he's hot footed it out of Paris for sunnier climes & even more money.

We saw the difference between Messi being expected to do his own running at the World Cup & Julian Alvarez doing his running for him.

The step up from the French League to Champions League is waaaaay bigger than PL to CL. That's why PSG keep failing imo.
I know what you mean and Messi is good example of how it can work in that Argentina side. However they surround Messi with players who work and die for that side. PSG surround Messi with Neymar and mbappe who both when times get tough don’t like it.

Anyway, my overall point was more about Mbappe and not Messi and how I don’t think his attitude and work rate would suit City. Either way it’s irrelevant as he’s only going to Madrid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.