Kylian Mbappé | Real Madrid Player (pg620)

Not sure about all the fuss.
It's outrageous headline grabbing figures. It's all in the name of getting the Saudi league exposure.

China did it and to some extent the US. Sign a few big names on unrealistic wages, in the hope it legitimises other players deciding to go there. Eventually the bills have to be paid, and the big money starts to wain.
The teams in these leagues tend to have one or two big names and the rest are mediocre.
Football is always evolving. We have just lost the first 1m pound player. Outrageous money at the time.
Comments were made of "Utter madness".

The Saudi league will never be a threat. If the best talent wants to go there, then good luck to them. They are not money grabbing mercenaries. It's their job, i and i cannot blame them with the money being offered.
You could argue that serious players want the established trophy's like the Champions and Premier league. But even the best players sometimes never win any of these. Harry Kane being a typical example.

So just get the popcorn out and enjoy the current spectacle!

Last edited:
Not sure about all the fuss.
It's all outrageous headline grabbing figures. It's all in the name of getting the Saudi league exposure.

China did it and to some extent the US. Sign a few big names on unrealistic wages, in the hope it legitimises other players deciding to go there. Eventually the bills have to be paid, and the big money starts to wain.
The teams in these leagues tend to have one or two big names and the rest are mediocre.
Football is always evolving. We have just lost the first 1m pound player. Outrageous money at the time.
Comments were made of "Utter madness".

The Saudi league will never be a threat. If the best talent wants to go there, then good luck to them. They are not money grabbing mercenaries. It's their job, i and i cannot blame them with the money being offered.
You could argue that serious players want the established trophy's like the Champions and Premier league. But even the best players sometimes never win any of these. Harry Cane being a typical example.

So just get the popcorn out and enjoy the current spectacle!
I think it might turn out to be a bigger threat than China by the looks of things but time will tell.

Seems a bit odd how all these saudi teams lowballed on offers for various players but are now going to overpay for a player who is out of contract next season, is on the transfer list and absolutely no way would psg reject a bid over £150M. Why they are offering £259M is beyond me.

Seems a bit odd how all these saudi teams lowballed on offers for various players but are now going to overpay for a player who is out of contract next season, is on the transfer list and absolutely no way would psg reject a bid over £150M. Why they are offering £259M is beyond me.
Think its more of an advertising thing, £259M and the world will be talking about it and the saudi league etc. Plus its a drop in the ocean £259m for them.

I've been wondering if the Saudi's have their own version of April the 1st but on August the 1st instead?

Think its more of an advertising thing, £259M and the world will be talking about it and the saudi league etc. Plus its a drop in the ocean £259m for them.
I get excited when I find £2.50, to them €250m is the same, just pocket change. The country has more wealth than it knows what to do with and couldn’t spend it all if it tried.

On the basis he has said he would stay with PSG for a year and exit on a free the figure probably comprises the fee, his ‘lost’ loyalty bonus for failing to fulfil his contract and lost sponsorship monies to PSG.And maybe other things.
Every individual element of his PSG package will be humongous.

I get excited when I find £2.50, to them €250m is the same, just pocket change. The country has more wealth than it knows what to do with and couldn’t spend it all if it tried.
Do they? Then why is the UK economy three times the size of the Saudi economy?

The country itself is average and mediocre, infact its less than a average.

Do not think Saudi Arabia a rich country just because its owner uses the public purse to indulge in vanity items.

If Rishi Sunak used the public purse to buy himself a 2 billion Island only he can live on, doesnt mean Great Britain is a rich country, would only mean it has a knob for an leader who is squandering public wealth.

He’s refused to meet the Saudi delegates who have travelled to Paris for talks.

Pretty obvious he’s already agreed terms with somebody else (Madrid) - that’s PSG’s ace gone, what next? They need to sell really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.