Kylian Mbappé | Real Madrid Player (pg620)

I start this by saying I love the game of football - however we can't hide from things.

I honestly didn't think the obscenity in football could get any worse, but if this comes off it really has. The state of the World we live in and a football club is touted as potentially spending the sums reported.
Imagine the good that money could do elsewhere. I'm really dreaming of the day this whole thing burns down and it can start fresh - but that day will never arrive in my lifetime.
(Rant over)
it's all about opinions but this deal, if it does go through is hardly representative of the game as a whole is it? I don't want City to burn down because of this!

Imagine what Erling Haaland is worth. And going back to Mbappe's potential move I am not sure he will end up at Real Madrid if he did go to Saudi Arabia for 12 months.

All very true. Knowing our owners they will probably see opportunity rather than a challenge. Things change and unless we adapt we'll be holding our cocks in a cold wind talking about our great historical treble in 20 years time.

adapt to what exactly?

Saudi Arabia's league sunsetting the influence of the Premier League or European Leagues?

adapt to what exactly?

Saudi Arabia's league sunsetting the influence of the Premier League or European Leagues?
We either adapt or get left behind. We're a superbly run club already, but will have to be prepared for the impact of Saudi money - possibly adapt our recruitment to the reality that our best players might be spending less time here than we are currently used to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.