Lack of pace on the wings

I really wonder how Pep would do with Traore. Rapid, strong, can dribble and beat a man like no-one else in the league. If it didn’t work out, it’s £10mil and he could play RB; he’d be perfect for disrupting counters.

I get that his final ball/decision making is awful, but if we could make it click…

That’s a particular bugbear of mine. Drive on to the bye line Ffs. Not a fan of inverted wingers either.
For inverted wingers to work to full effect, you really need good attacking FBs to overlap and create space for the inverted winger. Walker is good at overlapping but not the best crosser. Cancelo at LB is good at attacking but doesn't really overlap and wants to cut back into the same space as the inverted winger.

Cancelo at RB and a new left-footed LB could make the system more effective I believe. Having said that, we don't do too badly with the players we have.

We really miss a Vinnius type of player on the wing. That's where we are short, especially given we have sold Sterling. None of our wingers naturally get to the byline and cross. Madrid/Benzema get so many goals this way and even if that's not how we traditionally attack it's a useful to have this in our tool box!

Who is the RW version of Vinnius?
And an even more useful tool when we have a star no.9.

I really wonder how Pep would do with Traore. Rapid, strong, can dribble and beat a man like no-one else in the league. If it didn’t work out, it’s £10mil and he could play RB; he’d be perfect for disrupting counters.

I get that his final ball/decision making is awful, but if we could make it click…
I think he would pull the last remaining hairs from head out if Traore came here.

I know it’d never work, but there’s always that ‘what if’ curiosity.
Obviously there would be plenty of clips of him skinning people but i don’t see him as a good dribbler. Give him space to run into then obviously nobody gets near him but against the parked busses we usually face i couldn’t see him doing anything most of the time.

wingers who can put the ball in the box on the run rather than our winger who wants to keep coming back inside and then try and beat the full back again.
were now slinging balls in from 30 yards out On the angle
Our fullbacks have lost the ability to go on the overlap and don’t create anything out wide.
Palace have attacked with pace and we look all over the place
having looked at the bench today shows the lack of depth, 2 players who are deemed not good enough for the under 21’s and couldn’t get much game time at Barnsley and Crewe
looking at the bench there’s nothing apart from Alvarez who offers anything different

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.