League Cup Final - Hart or Pantilimon?

Am I the only one that thinks Pants is a very good number 2 but stick with your number 1 and your strongest team. I tend to think that when the Sunderland player see our team selection they would be less confident of scoring against hart then pants simply because it shows we ain't fucking about with our strongest team and taking it seriously.

Well,as mentioned above,we should put our strongest line-up out there on the pitch so I'd choose Hart.
Taking nothing away from Pants though,he's a very decent back0up GK

This is the problem when you give your second choice keeper a few games. For me strongest team for the final so that means Hart in net and Aguero up front fit or not.

I'm almost hoping that one of them gets a minor injury that keeps them out for 1 game.

My heart says Costel but my head says Joe.

But to be honest I hope Costel gets the nod because he has never let us down!

djimaldblue said:
I'm almost hoping that one of them gets a minor injury that keeps them out for 1 game.

My heart says Costel but my head says Joe.

But to be honest I hope Costel gets the nod because he has never let us down!

famous last words haha

Rolee said:
GaudinoMotors said:
Hoghead said:
But every game from now on is like a cup final so keeping sharp through rotation will be key. I think.

Sharpness shouldn't be a problem for a keeper - most keeprs play the vast majority of games. The problem for Hart is poor form. The argument/debate is whether he is allowed play through this loss of form, or whether a keeper who is a more than accompished replacement, is picked.
The "but he's won 3 golden gloves" argument is irrelevant - it's about form and confidence here and now. Therefore Pantilimon for me.

Form eh?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.squawka.com/news/2014/02/25/how-joe-hart-put-early-season-troubles-behind-him-to-lock-down-ticket-to-brazil/2014022574362" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.squawka.com/news/2014/02/25/ ... 4022574362</a>

Regardless, Pants should play, he is our cup keeper.

Boyata's our Capital One Cup defender

Malcontent said:
As there is a possibility of this game going to penalties my head says hart.

Have I forgotten something? Hart has never convinced me he can do anything other than pick the ball out of the net from a spot kick.
Apologies to Joe, if I have forgotten numerous penalty saves.

berniethebusman said:
Malcontent said:
As there is a possibility of this game going to penalties my head says hart.

Have I forgotten something? Hart has never convinced me he can do anything other than pick the ball out of the net from a spot kick.
Apologies to Joe, if I have forgotten numerous penalty saves.

He made a few earlier in his career. Of late he's struggled, against Italy in the Euros and Messi last week. Against the world very best penalty takers he tends to commit himself too soon, They're good enough to read him and wait until he's signalled which way he's going to dive. Not sure that Sunderland's pen takers are in that class.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.