LeagueCup SF - Man Utd - away allocation of only 3000 (p30)

as I don't come from Manchester wont there be a few fights around Manchester pubs on these derby games as people will go to pubs for these games

Pages upon pages of complaints yet you all will still go.

I don’t know of any other group that has the power to change things yet refuses to do so time and time again than British football fans.

We got Premier League away tickets capped at £30 due to co-ordinated protests by fans of every PL club in the country and fans of some Championship clubs too - a campaign that started off the back of the publicity surrounding City fans being charged £62 at Arsenal. A game that had blues protesting about the high ticket price and I distinctly remember you saying on here that it wouldn’t make any difference, yet it did and the clubs and the Premier League eventually caved in.
It could be argued that this is different and only a mass boycott by both sets of fans will have the desired effect, but I suspect the mass bad publicity could be enough to make them think twice about doing it in future.

Yep. The club statements don’t even mention GMP. They’ve basically admitted that this has been agreed between themselves.
I am sure GMP aren't bothered if someone pays them. Why would they be bothered unless something else is going on in the CIty which I don't think there is? But the clubs have to foot the Police bills and it would be massive.

Public safety is an issue if the Police say they can't handle it. I doubt they would say that but the Etihad League Cup 1st leg was pretty hairy both before and after the game.

Last edited:
The clubs are more interested in income generating fans nowadays. I’m convinced that if they could guarantee selling 55,000 corporate tickets, they would make the whole ground corporate. If you don’t like what the club do then you have to take a stand. After the ridiculous pricing for the Paris CL game the other year I fucked the CL scheme off and don’t go to them now. Clubs only listen when fans are prepared to vote with their feet and wallet.

Absolute wankers. It’s one of the great things of the match going fan in English football drawing a rival in the cup and taking a massive following. It would of been a superb atmosphere both legs and great for the league cup. Another day goes by where I’m getting more and more disillusioned by it all.

The shittest thing here for me is that the club will still let Heyes recruitment, Nexen tyres and Gatorade have as many of these away tickets as they like. So, again, when we’re in the away end, there will be half and half scarfs, rag souvenir shop bags and people taking photographs for 90 minutes who don’t give a rubber duck about the outcome of the game.

This would have happened regardless, but is magnified by the fact that we’ll have less there than we should.

Unfortunately, nobody at City has the balls to stand up to anyone in the media, at the FA and seemingly, the police fall into that too. Fuck the fans, they don’t need us anymore. Unless of course, you spend a week’s wages in the club shop before your annual game and lap up the circus that goes on around the place before the match.

To be fair, you didn’t even know what a Corteo was until it was pointed out on here the other day

I think this is a Clarkie so I will use socratic irony defense in my explanation.

I thought having a procession was a very poor idea whatever you call it, doesn't make it cool. It is like me saying if you don't like ultra defensive football you obviously don't know what catenaccio is, or anything about italian football - making a blatantly absurd assumption like you did.

On the back of that I used the word to take the piss, lower allocation due to a scary corteo, hook line and sinker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.