LeagueCup SF - Man Utd - away allocation of only 3000 (p30)

We can blame the clubs all we want , but GMP would have instigated the reduction in allocation , two matches in a fortnight to control potentially 7k away fans is stretching their current resources. The racist incident and missiles being thrown has little relevance , i can see future derby games being played with a ban on all away fans ,because maybe the police do not want the hassle. Which is laughable because in the 70's and 80's when football violence was rife and when allocations were larger , we all just got on with it , if you looked for trouble you knew where to find it , alternatively if you wanted to avoid a ruck you mostly new what to do to avoid it , but there were also far more constabulary available to deal with incidents.

Correct me if I’m wrong but don’t football clubs foot the bill for their games being policed? In which case the police are effectively a contractor and shouldn’t be calling the shots. Both clubs have shit the bed and fucked their fans right over

We can blame the clubs all we want , but GMP would have instigated the reduction in allocation , two matches in a fortnight to control potentially 7k away fans is stretching their current resources. The racist incident and missiles being thrown has little relevance , i can see future derby games being played with a ban on all away fans ,because maybe the police do not want the hassle. Which is laughable because in the 70's and 80's when football violence was rife and when allocations were larger , we all just got on with it , if you looked for trouble you knew where to find it , alternatively if you wanted to avoid a ruck you mostly new what to do to avoid it , but there were also far more constabulary available to deal with incidents.

I find that a very unlikely scenario but an easy target to blame.

Large parts of your post I agree with. As a regular away fan in the 70s & 80s I have said you could choose to be part of the trouble or not generally. I went to all the toughest away grounds such as the Swamp, Liverpool, Everton, West Ham, Birmingham and so on & generally didn't need to get involved. Sometimes you had to defend yourself but generally not.

The bit I don't remember is that there were plenty of police to deal with any incidents :) In the main they just stood back and watched. I remember Leeds fans being stripped naked and being battered on the Kippax car park with the police fucking off any of them that tried to get help, for instance.

Correct me if I’m wrong but don’t football clubs foot the bill for their games being policed? In which case the police are effectively a contractor and shouldn’t be calling the shots. Both clubs have shit the bed and fucked their fans right over
GMP will ultimately call the shots, irrespective of the contractual relationship between them and the club(s). There will be some discussion, but the notion thst either club will go against GMP ‘advice’ Is fanciful imo.

I’ve never ever called Danny Wilson out. Ever! I still won’t to this day. I’ve got plenty of time for him. But Danny like all of the Directors are uncontactable and unaccountable to 99.9% of City’s fan base. Khaldoon, Soriano and the other senior Directors above Danny have made it clear over the last few years this is how Manchester City will be run, and this is how City will treat it’s loyal fan base.

My mind constantly goes back to the speech by Khladoon who praised our support, promised to respect it, and promised to put it at the heart of the clubs new ownership. Really?

When in reality the club, bar the odd orchestrated and cynical piece of lip service, has tossed City’s fan base and support aside.

My experience at recent games at Old Trafford is that the police are not understaffed. There are hundreds of them round the stadium but they do not intervene. I have seen them ignore United thugs throwing missiles at cars and do nothing. Some of them seem only to be interested in filming people, without taking action. On one occasion I made a formal complaint and did not even get a reply. The policing at Old Trafford is useless just like it is at Anfield. I don't believe fan safety is a priority at all.

Your 100% correct , its the clubs that cough up , but in my view is if the contractor has'nt got the manpower it wont happen , when Boris employs the extra 50k police officers he has promised , we might have half a chance of taking £7k to the swamp again :)

GMP will ultimately call the shots, irrespective of the contractual relationship between them and the club(s). There will be some discussion, but the notion thst either club will go against GMP ‘advice’ Is fanciful imo.

The Cops have asked Pep to play a 4-4-2 with Kun and Jesus up front!

So why didn’t GMP do that at the last derby?

If GMP had told the PL, the TV companies, and both clubs no to a 5.30pm Saturday kick off, it wouldn’t have happened.

So who calls the shots, GMP or all the others?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.