LeagueCup SF - Man Utd - away allocation of only 3000 (p30)

I think its extremely unlikely GMP will dictate ticket allocations for matches. It would be an admission they could not cope with a run of the mill football match and I doubt they would put their head on the block for the subsequent fall out.

The GMP openly admit quite regularly that they do not have enough resources, why should a football match be an exception ,maybe our ire should be directed in the 40% reduction in police officers over the last decade , but i dont want to get into a political discussion , thats for another forum
Why would the two football clubs veto the reduced away allocation ? The football ground still gets filled either way.

The GMP openly admit quite regularly that they do not have enough resources, why should a football match be an exception

If they're not able to provide the same level of service that they used to have they reduced the price they charge football clubs accordingly.

I'm guessing not, so they shouldn't be able to dictate.

The GMP openly admit quite regularly that they do not have enough resources, why should a football match be an exception ,maybe our ire should be directed in the 40% reduction in police officers over the last decade , but i dont want to get into a political discussion , thats for another forum
Why would the two football clubs veto the reduced away allocation ? The football ground still gets filled either way.

Because in the current climate neither club wishes for any criticism and are concerned more fans of either club could result in this.

Jimmy.

Have you ever seen the ring of steel that surrounds a party political conference in Manchester?

GMP can cope with any event.

They once Policed a Milan derby in the CL final at Old Trafford.

A match that had 100’s of hardcore ultras on both sides in the biggest club competition
in Europe.

GMP have never been over stretched by a local derby.

The clubs have called this.

GMP like you’d expect have agreed.

If they're not able to provide the same level of service that they used to have they reduced the price they charge football clubs accordingly.

I'm guessing not, so they shouldn't be able to dictate.

We will never know the truth , but the only participant out of the three who would be pleased about the reduced allocation is the GMP , the two clubs gain nothing financially or otherwise by reducing away fans , unless the GMP charge per head , the football grounds will be full for both games , no matter how many blues or rags attend.

Because in the current climate neither club wishes for any criticism and are concerned more fans of either club could result in this.

i understand your point , but if the clubs think reducing the allocation to 3,000 will prevent a couple of idiots making racist gestures or throwing missiles , then their reasons need questioning . It looks like the club needs to be seen to doing the right thing , which should rightly piss our supporters off , taking 7k to the Swamp and singing loud and proud is still one of the best "away" days.

I’ve been let out of OT after the final whistle on numerous occasions.

Bar vocal banter, the odd flying punch, and bouncing up and down in the away coach park, there hasn’t been any visible large scale bother.

The most serious disorder I've seen at the Etihad was the derby 1st leg League Cup night match when the Rags/MIBS tried to get out of the away end and attack City fans and City fought back.
And after the last minute winner by Paul Scholes at the Etihad, when it kicked off big time after the match. A Police van was nearly turned over, etc, and a United fans had to run back into the away compound for their own safety. Bar those isolated incidents most derbies are relatively trouble free in and around both grounds. There is more serious trouble and disorder in the city centre and away from the grounds.

If you miss out try any of the 15 ticket resale partners the club has:

https://www.mancity.com/news/ticket...18/june/man-city-unofficial-resellers-tickets
Fucking hell, and it’s the high pointers holders who get it in the neck for high profile games!

It’s obvious.

Neither City nor United want or need anymore bad publicity. After the recent events at the derby, the continued racist chanting that is effecting PL football, and a high probability of further disorder at both games, City and United have decided they do not want to take any risks. And GMP are happy to go along with that. GMP will be more than happy to Police 3000 City and United away fans, instead of 8000 City and 6000 United away fans.

Sorry but 'continued racist chanting' is just wrong. The media have jumped on the bandwagon and decided Spurs fans, in fact all football fans are racists. A week on from the Spurs match no evidence has been found by anyone, including Sky with all their cameras and microphones, of any racist chants. Your other statement that says City did not want bad publicity is wrong. The first thing Sky will do on the night is mention the reduced allocation due to Citys racist violent thugs. If they have done this to avoid bad publicity they are stupid beyond belief.

Jimmy.

Have you ever seen the ring of steel that surrounds a party political conference in Manchester?

GMP can cope with any event.

They once Policed a Milan derby in the CL final at Old Trafford.

A match that had 100’s of hardcore ultras on both sides in the biggest club competition
in Europe.

GMP have never been over stretched by a local derby.

The clubs have called this.

GMP like you’d expect have agreed.
Do you remember the last time we had a League Cup semi-final between City and Utd?

There'd be record police costs for the clubs and the local government. I think GMP has let it be known how much it will cost to Police this, and someone has said no.

The clubs pay a fraction of the cost. It's the most likely explanation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.