LeagueCup SF - Man Utd - away allocation of only 3000 (p30)

On e again the Directors will batten down the hatchets,
No idea. You could try emailing them.

That’s a silly reply.

But you obviously want a bite again, Gordon.

Why, to waste my time?

Over the years I’ve witnessed at first hand how pathetic GMP are a policing local derbies. And like many other City fans I have seen and witnessed GMP’s unprofessional attitude and actions.

Last edited:
Large parts of your post I agree with. As a regular away fan in the 70s & 80s I have said you could choose to be part of the trouble or not generally. I went to all the toughest away grounds such as the Swamp, Liverpool, Everton, West Ham, Birmingham and so on & generally didn't need to get involved. Sometimes you had to defend yourself but generally not.

The bit I don't remember is that there were plenty of police to deal with any incidents :) In the main they just stood back and watched. I remember Leeds fans being stripped naked and being battered on the Kippax car park with the police fucking off any of them that tried to get help, for instance.

Your right , my memory isnt what it was ,my blue tinted glasses trying to make out the 70's & 80's were halycon days , most police forces did have the attitude of turning a blind eye , although i found the West Midlands police were always quite active :)

GMP will ultimately call the shots, irrespective of the contractual relationship between them and the club(s). There will be some discussion, but the notion thst either club will go against GMP ‘advice’ Is fanciful imo.

I think its extremely unlikely GMP will dictate ticket allocations for matches. It would be an admission they could not cope with a run of the mill football match and I doubt they would put their head on the block for the subsequent fall out.

A Derby isn’t a run of the mill football match, mate.

It is in the sense its played twice a season every season. The GMP has handled Champs Lge finals, UEFA cup finals etc where 70k-200k plus have descended on the City. I would be shocked if they dictated to the clubs how many tickets they can offer for sale to the respective clubs.

It would be an embarrassment to the force when you consider the Met deal with multiple fanbases every weekend criss-crossing around the City.

GMP will ultimately call the shots, irrespective of the contractual relationship between them and the club(s). There will be some discussion, but the notion thst either club will go against GMP ‘advice’ Is fanciful imo.
The police will ‘Advise’ both clubs on allocations, ignoring this ‘Advice’ is never a good idea, given the crowd disturbances at the The Etihad, it shouldn’t come as a great surprise, albeit the 5.30 KO certainly won’t have helped.

It’s obvious.

Neither City nor United want or need anymore bad publicity. After the recent events at the derby, the continued racist chanting that is effecting PL football, and a high probability of further disorder at both games, City and United have decided they do not want to take any risks. And GMP are happy to go along with that. GMP will be more than happy to Police 3000 City and United away fans, instead of 8000 City and 6000 United away fans.

Last edited:
It’s obvious.

Neither City nor United want or need anymore bad publicity. After the recent events at the derby, the continued racist chanting that is effecting PL football, and a high probability of further disorder at both games, City and United have decided they do not want to take any risks. And GMP are happy to go along with that. GMP will be more than happy to Police 3000 City and United away fans, instead of 8000 City fans and 6000 United fans.

I think that is the most likely chain of events.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.