LeagueCup SF - Man Utd - away allocation of only 3000 (p30)

We will never know the truth , but the only participant out of the three who would be pleased about the reduced allocation is the GMP , the two clubs gain nothing financially or otherwise by reducing away fans , unless the GMP charge per head , the football grounds will be full for both games , no matter how many blues or rags attend.
Both football clubs and whoever pays the majority of the Policing bill will be happy. Halve the away fans, halve the costs.

Money is always the most likely explanation for any event.

Secondary explanation: a degree of trouble even given heaving Policing would be inevitable.

Last edited:
Both football clubs and whoever pays the majority of the Policing bill will be happy. Halve the away fans, halve the costs.

Money is always the most likely explanation for any event.

Secondary explanation: a degree of trouble even given heaving Policing would be inevitable.

The problem with that way of thinking is the next time we have Burton Albion or so other lower league team in a semi final of the league Cup fans might just tell City to do one and not bother going to the home leg. The financial impact of this decision could have expensive long term implications for City. As one of those that has now been denied a ticket it has certainly got me thinking.

Sorry but 'continued racist chanting' is just wrong. The media have jumped on the bandwagon and decided Spurs fans, in fact all football fans are racists. A week on from the Spurs match no evidence has been found by anyone, including Sky with all their cameras and microphones, of any racist chants. Your other statement that says City did not want bad publicity is wrong. The first thing Sky will do on the night is mention the reduced allocation due to Citys racist violent thugs. If they have done this to avoid bad publicity they are stupid beyond belief.

I never said racial chanting wasn’t wrong. It is. I said City and United don’t want to take any risks after the recent spate of racist chanting, and United fans using that and the missile throwing reasons for revenge attacks on City fans, as well as the disorder at the last derby at the Etihad, and the real possibility of disorder happening again at Old Trafford and at the Etihad.

Nobody can predict what narrative Sky will come out with on the night. But we can all assume correctly it will be anti-City, especially as the 1st leg is at OT. Hopefully Sky will just say both clubs decided to reduce the allocations due to recent events and incidents surrounding football. I won’t hold my breath.

Last edited:
Do you remember the last time we had a League Cup semi-final between City and Utd?

There'd be record police costs for the clubs and the local government. I think GMP has let it be known how much it will cost to Police this, and someone has said no.

The clubs pay a fraction of the cost. It's the most likely explanation.

I do.

I don’t know the £ figures.

You are right. The clubs pay for Policing inside the ground. The Tax payer pays for Policing outside the ground.

But that’s no different for any protest march, demonstration, political event, etc.

The Police are there to Police regardless of the event. GMP have policed other domestic cup derbies before. These 2 games are no different, bar renewed hostilities.

GMP Policed Millwall at Maine Road where far more disorder and trouble was expected and took place than has at most Manchester derbies.

What are the clubs going to do if both clubs draw each other in the FA Cup? It probably won’t happen, but there is always a chance. Are the clubs only going to allocate 3000 tickets each for future cup games?

Last edited:
I do.

I don’t know the £ figures.

You are right. The clubs pay for Policing inside the ground. The Tax payer pays for policing outside the ground.

But that’s no different for any protest march, demonstration, political event, etc.

The Police are there to Police, regardless of the event. GMP have policed other domestic cup derbies before. These 2 games are no different, bar renewed hostilities.

GMP Policed Millwall in the FA Cup at Maine Road, where far more disorder and trouble was expected and took place than has a most Manchester derbies.

What are the clubs going to do if both clubs draw each other in the FA Cup. It probably won’t happen, but there is always a chance. Are the clubs only going to allocate 3000 tickets each for future cup games?
I am sure the majority of Manchester's football fans will be disappointed at the decision. Whether we think it was right or wrong, we can all agree that fans should take a moment and think about their own behaviour at the football because for me this is either the direct or indirect reason for the background to this decision. Our football clubs think it's just not worth the hassle.

I think FA Cup games are slightly less of an issue as there's only 1 game involved and they are likely to be played in the daylight.

I am sure the majority of Manchester's football fans will be disappointed at the decision. Whether we think it was right or wrong, we can all agree that fans should take a moment and think about their own behaviour at the football because for me this is either the direct or indirect reason for the background to this decision. Our football clubs think it's just not worth the hassle.

I think FA Cup games are slightly less of an issue as there's only 1 game involved and they are likely to be played in the daylight.

100% that.

It would depend on TV and the kick off time. But I’m sure GMP and the both clubs would turn down a late kick off, or they would insist the match is played early Afternoon, while it’s still light.

100% that.

It would depend on TV and the kick off time. But I’m sure GMP and the both clubs would turn down a late kick off, or they would insist the match is played early Afternoon, while it’s still light.

It’s a pity they didn’t take that pragmatic view when a 17.30 K.O. Was agreed for the derby.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.