Leeds (H) | Post Match Thread

The worst way to lose a game and the best way to win one. I was all set and happy for the draw and then wham, hey ho, we've done that to sides in the past. But it still really rankles me that our finishing is terrible. We desperately need a striker, anyone who says otherwise just watch that game back again. Pants!

When you say it's been done in the past... yeah leads have been chucked away

But a lead of 14 points with 6 games left has never been chucked away, even allowing for the 2 games in hand

We're 1000 to 1 ON to win it for a reason

We just need to calm down, keep our nerve, get behind the team... and all will be fine
i think we'll be fine but you dare not ignore the corruption . said before that if there is a sniff of a chance for the rags VAR will be all over it. if any other team is second fine, but not them . we know it's bent so although we should be able to rotate we don't have that luxury . certainly not as much as today .

Looking at it terrible. IF ever there is a reason to get someone to come in to replace Aguero it was today. So many chances wasted missed. Our midfielders are doing all the heavy lifting scoring goals. This must be a concern. They were down to 10 men for 45 minutes or more. We scored 1 from how many missed chances.

Pep will give them a right kicking. This might be the kick up the arse we need to get us focused on the remaining season ahead. We need to win at Villa big time go strong. Take the bigger players off when we have the tie won. By the next time we play Villa in the league if we play like that we be out of 2 cups and only have the league and league cup to play for. Time to go strong until we got the league won then rest the players for the other competitions but this is Pep a multi winner of leagues and cups he will get it right.

The leaders in the team will get it right again. I have faith but this season at home we are fucking up at times only for are away form being so good this game might not mean much but until we do it means a lot.

Can you imagine Haaland watching the game today and the 20+ opportunities we created and thinking to himself what a difference he could make. I am convinced he will be one of ours come the start of the season.

it’s not obvious that they won’t will all their games though is it? I had no problem with some players being rested but pep done too many to begin the game with and the formation of the team was horrendous! Just get the title won but making 7 changes today was truly not needed.
This is small team mentality. We need 3 wins a 1 draw.

If it was me, I would've sent the entire academy to this match. This week the priority is both UCL and FA cup. If you think City cannot win 3 games/6... especially when 3 of those games are against Brighton, Newcastle, Crystal.

Also United has to play against: Tottenham, Liverpool, Leicester. They won't win all of their games. If I would have to gamble, I think City only needs 1 or 2 more victories and the EPL is done. Who cares if we win it this week or the next one.

It's not just Dortmund. In case anyone hadn't noticed, we've got the little matter of an F.A. Cup semi-final to negotiate three days later. Oh and then the little mater of the final of another cup just over a week after that.
Does anyone seriously imagine that Kevin de Bruyne, Rúben Dias and almost certainly Phil Foden won't be involved in every single minute of all that?
No. Pep more or less had to pick the team he picked today, and they should have had enough — more than enough — to beat a mid-table side that is useful on its day, but is mid-table because it has lost fourteen matches. That's fourteen. The table does not lie. And was down to ten men for half the match.
That is not on Pep. Some naive defending, and abysmal shooting up front. Yes, he could have subbed on Mahrez. Pretty sure that Mahrez is going to be heavily involved in the three matches I've just mentioned.
That is a lousy result, and there's no dressing it up. Because of the magnificent work of the past three months, we've put ourselves in a position where we can lose a match, and almost certainly be league champions. I shall only start to doubt that when we lose another, and the rags win everything. Could happen, but I don't believe it will. Comparisons with 2012 ignore the huge difference between that United team, which Ferguson had playing way above its natural level for that whole season, and this City one, which is still young enough in most departments to leave you feeling that they still haven't reached their peak, despite the extraordinary position that they find themselves in.
But that is an awful way to go into Wednesday's match. No two ways about it. Winning breeds the habit of winning. Confidence has a spillover effect over competitions. I don't think the lads' confidence will have been seriously dented by today. I should hope not, anyway. They're not snowflakes.
But that result today should feel like a burn, and I hope it does. For the players, the manager. And us.

At the end of the day if making the changes today means we get the result needed against Dortmund then so be it.

I am not worried about the title as the lead we have in 90% of the cases would be too much for the rags to pull back, the main thing is that even with a much weakened side we still created over 25 shots.

While we are creating chances like that we will gain the points needed to win the league.

29-2

We might have played sub par but even with that performance we would have won the vast majority of times.

We are so good now people expect us to beat bad luck.

Virtually the only time we were outperformed was by West Ham and we won so nobody complained.

Pep says when the performance was dire win or lose.

Reactions: OB1
They have Liverpool (H) United (H) Brighton (A) and Spuds (H). They will roll over and have their bellies tickled apart from Brighton where they will probably get a point. See it far too often with teams. They play solid and organised against us and and fold against the other top sides.
That was my point

Genuine question here, I fully understand Pep wanting to rest players for Dortmund but how nice would it have been to give Delap 20 minutes at the end of the game to see if he could deliver?

What harm could there be?

Bayern took the risk today to play with their 2nd team, even though they were only 7 points above Leipzig. Guess what, they drew and the gap is now 5. But that is elite mentality. We are 14 points above and people are afraid of bottling? If anything we should lose some matches to make it more interesting and then go on to crush any hope when we feel necessary.

We don't half miss Walker's pace at the back. Just felt really uneasy during those last 10 minutes and we had a warning before they scored. I know we were pushing to win the game but a point wouldn't have been the end of the world.

Fern who I love to bits was running in treacle at the back there.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.