Leeds (H) | Post Match Thread

Hey if you want to stick up for sterling crack on fella and the only one I thought should have been sold was stones who was shocking then aswell . Stones has been standout all season and I’m glad I got it wrong
I just believe Sterling, due to his consistent top level performances (prior to this season), is allowed an off season (especially in such a strange, congested year off the back of playing a ridiculous amount of football).
If he doesn't get back to his electric best next season then there are some serious issues.

Sterling's poor form is still far stronger than Gundo's, Stones' or even Mahrez's worst seasons.

Our 4 losses in the league: (city stat first)

Leicester

Shots 16/7
On Target 5/7

Spurs

Shots 22/5
On Target 5/2

Scum

Shots 23/8
On Target 6/6

Leeds

Shots 29/2
On Target 7/2

Total shots 90/22
On Target 23/17
Goals. 3/11

Damning...1 goal every 30 shots in those 4 losses v 1 in 2 against!

ederson 6 cancelo 5 stones 8 ake 7 mendy 4 dinho 6 zinchenko 7 bernardo 5 torres 6 jesus 6 sterling 4
That is very generous...

ederson 7 Cancelo 3 stones 8 ake 6 mendy 2 dinho 6 zinchenko 8 Bernardo 6 Torres 4 Jesus 5 sterling 3

I think we should be okay going into the CL and FA Cup and I’d have sacrificed this game to make sure we win them but some of these players are on a lot of money and they aren’t up to scratch

let's flip that.
rack up the points and win the league asap. then rest as many as you like . put the best 11 out in every cup game .

maybe Pep thinks if we played our strongest players today we might have won but would up our chances of being out of both cups come Monday

They had 10 men for half the game, we had at best 9 for all of it. Profligate yet again, and we will continue to be this season as we have been for some time. If Haaland is done then at least we have a solution. Distinctly poor day at the office, but it can happen. Let's dust ourselves down, clear our heads and look forward to the much bigger occasion (and challenge!) ahead of us next week.

I don’t even think this was on Pep. More on personnel with a sprinkle of Pep
Of course it’s down to the players. If we convert just a few of those 29 attempts we win this game easily and everyone is congratulating Pep on being a tactical genius and saving all our best players for Wednesday. Sometimes it just doesn’t go your way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.