Leeds (H) | Post Match Thread

that was rubbish

sterling should have been coming on today and giving pep a headache for team selection weds night. But couldn't have played worse.

To lose against 10 man leeds, couldn't give Dortmund more confidence if we tried.

got to get back to form weds after last two performances.

Deep down he has to be angry about that performance, he has to be

Probably but he'll never say it publicly. Some of the anger has to be directed to himself too. He took a gamble and this time it failed. He can never envisage fringe players being given a chance and not taking it though. For me to lose against ten men is pretty criminal given the talent we had on the pitch. Give Leeds credit though they dug in and got the result. Hopefully we have a bit of a reboot and the main point being we've won nothing yet.

Forget how many changes Pep made or the fact he bigged up Bielsa, if our players could shoot and get them on target, we would have walked that.
There was nothing wrong with the performance except we were so wasteful. They had shots and scored with both. Sterling was gifted a chance in the first half and put it wide.

Deep down he has to be angry about that performance, he has to be
I think he is, but we are at the business end, players are tired and probably more frustrated than we are, so right after the game isn’t the time to call them naive, or stupid, or lacking nous, or any of the many other phrases I’m sure will be used behind closed doors out of their earshot.

If one hood thing came out of this defeat, it magnified a few things:

Who isn’t good enough for this team & where our Achilles heel remains.

Sterling, Mendy, Aguero and Fernandinho should not be here next season. That leaves close to €1M/week in wages available for suitable replacements, not to mention the fees we have yet to book from last season, plus the €60-70M for the two under contract!

Hopefully, Txiki has his best man on it?!

Not going to blame Pep for that. They are all first team players and most let him down today.
Ultimately we didnt learm anything new today that we didnt already know.
We shit the bed everytime we go a goal down.
We need a striker.
We lose all creativity in midfield when we rest either DeB or Gundog, let alone both.
One or two ar not up to scratch.
Apart from a purple patch post first lockdown, Sterling has been poor for a season and a half now.
We lose defensive discipline when we rest both Dias and Rodri.
Having said all that, I dont mind going a goal down sometimes, just for a challenge and to see what we are made of. But the response today was a huge letdown, especially against 10 men. The only player who left that game with any credit was Stones and Ederson.

In 2012 ( Aguero's first season) , the gap was 8 points with 6 games to play

now we have the same opposite situation in ( Aguero's last seasob )

karma on the way

I think he is, but we are at the business end, players are tired and probably more frustrated than we are, so right after the game isn’t the time to call them naive, or stupid, or lacking nous, or any of the many other phrases I’m sure will be used behind closed doors out of their earshot.
Yes players are tired but not many who started to day fall into that category.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.