Leeds United (A) | Post Match Thread

I don't like saying this but I have to admit it: the Leeds crowd were making a hell of a racket, even at 2-0 down. Props to them. They were pushing their team and there was a rocky period after they scored, for a short while. All I could hear on the radio commentary was us in the first half. Great atmosphere all round. Anyone who was there confirm?
It strikes me that this is what we've got to do. We talk about this player and that player. We've got to make a fucking racket at the Etihad. Sometimes we do. But not often if we go behind. We have our part to play. I'm wary about making this statement, because finances make it difficult for me to get over at present, so it makes me look a bit hypocritical. But I do genuinely believe it — we have our part to play.

I don't like saying this but I have to admit it: the Leeds crowd were making a hell of a racket, even at 2-0 down. Props to them. They were pushing their team and there was a rocky period after they scored, for a short while. All I could hear on the radio commentary was us in the first half. Great atmosphere all round. Anyone who was there confirm?
It strikes me that this is what we've got to do. We talk about this player and that player. We've got to make a fucking racket at the Etihad. Sometimes we do. But not often if we go behind. We have our part to play. I'm wary about making this statement, because finances make it difficult for me to get over at present, so it makes me look a bit hypocritical. But I do genuinely believe it — we have our part to play.
Yer never know whether the anti-City broadcasting outlets don't lay a microphone trail around the home fans so that the squeakiest little fart comes across as a thunderclap.

1-3 instead of an easy 1-6. Too many missed easy chances.
Good performance though. Grealish needs to get beginner's lessons about how to shot and stop dragging his foot on the ground while in the movement of shooting. It's a horrible technique.

Referee was atrocious! 3-3 yellow cards while they kicked us some gazillion times especially in first half. And that Cancelo foul..... omg, he was really bad against us.

We need to quickly make all our players to find form as important matches come and the schedule is tight. 23 games left and 69 points to gather so -5 is like nothing. But we have to make it happen as Arsenal are not pushovers as it seems and they will resist.

Amazing that a team can win comfortably away from home in the toughest league in the world with so many passengers?
We won relatively comfortably as our players are of far greater quality than Leeds'
And considering we were so much on top, they were a midges dick away from giving us a very scary last ten minutes

Best atmosphere I've experienced at a City away game for a few years, especially as they've now got a whole generation who've only known them to be hopeless,.and don't necessarily expect them to win. There were also some humorous responses.to the predictable taunts from the City end.
As for the game itself,.it was more like the Sterling era when we should have won easier, but almost conceded again from sloppy self indulgence

I do agree broadly with your comments..but JG has hardly kicked a ball in 8 weeks,it was a terrible pitch to play on,which,for a touch player is a problem..and given the blustery conditions and hostile away crowd,not to mention kicked to Fuck at every opportunity...I'd say the lad did well.
The state of that pitch was a disgrace,and many technical errors were made by very good footballers last night because of it.
Pep even mis -hit his water bottle effort,it twas a difficult night!! ; )
He’s been training with England every day so I don’t buy this, I don’t believe that any player at the World Cup wouldn’t have been trying their best to be in peak condition. If they haven’t or weren’t they don’t have elite mentality, I don’t believe Jack does anyway but that’s a different discussion.

As for blaming the pitch, I think that’s an easy excuse, considering the pitches we played on in the past. I don’t believe the pitch caused him to balloon the ball over the bar. He makes the same finishing errors on perfect pitches, Pep might be right it’s a mentality thing, if that’s the case I would’ve expected that was identified during our scouting considering such a huge amount of money was spent. I want Jack to do well but he continues to disappoint and anger me with his terrible finishing

Last edited:
Best atmosphere I've experienced at a City away game for a few years, especially as they've now got a whole generation who've only known them to be hopeless,.and don't necessarily expect them to win. There were also some humorous responses.to the predictable taunts from the City end.
As for the game itself,.it was more like the Sterling era when we should have won easier, but almost conceded again from sloppy self indulgence
Reminds me when we were shite at Maine Road.
Arsenal coming to town and we know we had no chance….0-4 at half time and still singing our hearts out.

Petty they weren’t that vocal in the championship/1st division when they had to close the 2nd tier of the Lurpack Stand as no fucker was interested :-)

My word, that is the most idiotic opinion I have heard for a long time, say he had missed, we would,and Pep would have gone fucking mad at Jack. It was great play from him.
Mahrez gets the blinkers on sometimes re this.
Grealish was aware of Haalands' presence, very astute.
Football is a team game.

(I remember when Yorke and Cole played like that for the scum. I think it was seen as great play back then though!)
She isn’t the brightest bulb in the house that’s for sure.

It was a yellow that one I thought. Good play from Palmer!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.