Leeds United (A) | Post Match Thread

That concourse in the upper tier isn't fit for purpose and its fucking dangerous
Said this last season and asked a copper how do they manage to obtain a safety licence. He just shrugged his shoulders and said he had no idea.

He’s been training with England every day so I don’t buy this, I don’t believe that any player at the World Cup wouldn’t have been trying their best to be in peak condition. If they haven’t or weren’t they don’t have elite mentality, I don’t believe Jack does anyway but that’s a different discussion.

As for blaming the pitch, I think that’s an easy excuse, considering the pitches we played on in the past. I don’t believe the pitch caused him to balloon the ball over the bar. He makes the same finishing errors on perfect pitches, Pep might be right it’s a mentality thing, if that’s the case I would’ve expected that was identified during our scouting considering such a huge amount of money was spent. I want Jack to do well but he continues to disappoint and anger me with his terrible finishing

He was the best player on the pitch last night. A constant fucking pain in the arse for Leeds. He created the 2 goals that won us the game.

He got kicked all over the place but showed how tough he is by cracking on. If that’s not a top mentality I don’t know what is.

Ok he missed a couple of chances, who doesn’t?

Haaland missed 3 he should’ve put away. Perhaps he should join Jack for shooting practice?

Ffs get off his back and support him.

And the first goal happened because Mahrez hit the target with his shot unlike Grealish who skied every effort.

This is a hilarious point.

They were both shite in different ways. If Grealish didn't get his assists (the first he earned and put on a plate), I would have just been pissed off with his profligacy and inability to make a tangible difference to the outcome of the game.

Mahrez floats in & out and offers very little in tracking back, he was also a bit poor in dribbling past players tonight. He isn't going to get better and I'd rather Palmer or Alvarez get his minutes.
When Palmer came on, he certainly looked more of an attacking threat than Mahrez...

Yer never know whether the anti-City broadcasting outlets don't lay a microphone trail around the home fans so that the squeakiest little fart comes across as a thunderclap.
Sky and BT turn the home crowd volume down at ours and amplify the away section. I know this because when i tune in to foreign broadcasters we get the proper crowd noise. O,h and better commentary and co commentary without the usual anti City narrative we've become used to and sick of herring on Sky and BT.

Does seem like Grealish is fair game for other players to just kick without refs doing anything to protect him. Happens in Europe too. Can see why he riles opposition fans and players, but don’t think I’ve ever seen a City player on the receiving end of so many bad calls.
SWP and Spanish Dave were kicked from pillar to post in many games and received almost no protection from the officials. Jack gets more kickings and even less protection.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.