Leicester City (H) Post Match Thread

I don't think we have the players at the moment to play Pep's high line system effectively. I remember the first time we played Barcelona in the chumps league and they genuinely looked like they were playing a completely different sport.
Our centurions team got close to that standard but currently we are nowhere near it.
I do not think Pep will change his ways and play more pragmatically with a less exposed defense.

I mean he has had us playing a 4-2-3-1 which is very defensive and all we have done is look toothless in attack and defense as a result. It’s the recruitment, I agree, but I don’t think there’s a system that fixes it the players just aren’t good enough

Pl

you can’t only single Mendy out after that, they were all shite
I agree however one he loses the ball he doesn’t really track back and most of the threat comes from his side. But I still think two left footed cb would have been better then Garcia and ake . Laporte should have played.

The narrative last season was that we couldn't keep up the intensity of the previous two seasons but the sad fact is we peaked when we last won the title & we have gone down several levels since. Where are the world class buys now? Decent with potential seems to be the new criteria.

We got in some bad defensive positions but Leicester players just collapsed on contact. TV didn't question the pens but they looked questionable to me.

We barely created a chance and struggled defensively but that's hardly a surprise given that starting line up. We then got hit with 3 penalties against us, and a screamer. it's not normal. Vardy's 2nd goal was world class even ifGarcia completely switched off.

The Leicester players shouldn't have been allowed to get in those positions though, and better not to touch them and make it easy for them to be given.

Stupid defending by us .

Pretty diabolical really.
We are pretty predictable, and any decent counter attacking team stands a fair chance against us.
It's early days, but I suspect we're in for another poor season.

It will be far worse points wise and position wise than last season.

I think 4 years was enough for Pep in truth , he has lost his passion for the game its obvious.

Again another window of missed opportunities.

Haven't replaced the spine of the title winning sides.

Was concerned before the season started we were not on song throughout the organisation.

Unfortunately we will be on the end of some ( a significant number ) embarrassing results this season especially if we continue to play this way under Pep.

As many have said you need pace in midfield and a rock solid defence when you don't have the ball and clinical finishing when you set up chances and we have none of that and a manager that IMO doesn't want to be in charge of this team anymore.

Something off with pep big time. He didn’t say much wrong but the spark & inspiration was not there. His comment about sorry for the players & the club is a worry. He’s separating them from him. It should be I’m sorry for US the team.

the big issue is he’s going and the team know it. It’s time for a change although I want him to stay.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.