Leicester post match thread

Wow, watching all the telly must really skew your perspective of a game, perhaps it's the commentators' negativity.

I thought we played really well, controlled the game, limited their opportunities and made a few good chances ourselves. A fully fit Aguero would have scored a couple tonight and although I've not seen replays, it looked like we should have had at least a couple of penalties.

Just one of those days where it wouldn't go in. If this game had followed 3 or 4 good away performances then people would be saying we were good but unlucky. It's the previous form that's getting everyone so down. In isolation tonight was good.
Refreshing to hear some logic.

Just back from the game.
Credit to the Leicester fans for a brilliant atmosphere.
We were very good in the first 30 mins and had a few excellent chances to put our mark on the game. Fair play to Scmeichel.
Second half the foxes were probably the better side by virtue of pressing much higher up the pitch and playing with much more energy.
A draw was overall a fair outcome.
Positives were Silva looking a bit sharper and no further injury to key players. I thought Otamendi and Mangala had good games.Dinho was superb apart from a moment of indecision...
Negatives were our inability to take our chances and an infuriating tendency yo over complicate matters in the final third.
Only three points off top and an awful lot more to come from this team.
Plenty of room for optimism.

We (Leicester) didn't play our usual game today, I think Claudio may have lost his nerve slightly after the Liverpool defeat because we tried to impose our usual style of play against a side that's better on paper and it didn't work. The idea today was not to be naive, leave space and eventually concede.

Vardy has been suffering from a fever and hasn't looked the same so us chancing on him getting through wasn't enough of a viable game plan to win, unfortunately for us but nonetheless we kept a clean sheet against one of the few sides that will finish above us.

Couldn't agree more, your lot showed absolutely no ambition to win the game and were very content with a 0-0.

I genuinely don't know why you didn't go for it because we were their for the taking if you had taken the risks and gone for it.

We (Leicester) didn't play our usual game today, I think Claudio may have lost his nerve slightly after the Liverpool defeat because we tried to impose our usual style of play against a side that's better on paper and it didn't work. The idea today was not to be naive, leave space and eventually concede.

Vardy has been suffering from a fever and hasn't looked the same so us chancing on him getting through wasn't enough of a viable game plan to win, unfortunately for us but nonetheless we kept a clean sheet against one of the few sides that will finish above us.
Agree, don't take any negative posts about you seriously, I think most City fans would like you to win the league if we don't. We should have won tonight, we usually should to be fair, but far worse teams than Leicester have taken all the points off us.

I thought Ranieri gave us far too much respect tonight.

So much better supporting a team that's won and lost well on a budget and my birthplace rather than going to a stadium that's ghost central and in a shadow of the other plastic fan club.

Shut up I bet half of Leicester are closet rags you tosspot. Havnt you got anything better to do little boy.

So much better supporting a team that's won and lost well on a budget and my birthplace rather than going to a stadium that's ghost central and in a shadow of the other plastic fan club.

Yawn another Moral Victor from an opposing fan!! I don't actually mind Leicester and its great seeing them at the summit but FFS change the record I'm surprised you haven't used the "where were you when you s**t line?" only a week to go before your back at school

I was there tonight, and exactly level with the foul on Sergio, not many rows up from the touchline. And that was a penalty. All. Fucking. Day. Long. Sergio was perhaps not very clever in swallow diving it, and I think that set the ref against him. But that was an unbelievably poor decision.
Having difficulty understanding what all the negativity's about on here. We are a convalescent team, moving up the gears. Over the last three matches (and yes, that includes Arsenal), we have played considerably better than the utter bilgewater that's been served up (in the league, anyway) by the team, and that includes games that we've won, like Swansea. Yes — the half-term report would read "Is talented, can do better". We're getting there. We've got all the biggest contenders, without exception, to come to us. We're in the mix, three points off the pace. Sergio and Merlin didn't get injured. We kept a clean sheet. We bossed that game in the first half — this against a team that has been until recently leading the league. Yes, we needed the three points, and should have got them, if there was any kind of justice re. that cast-iron, nailed-on, stonewall penalty. But we're there, lurking, and there's half a season to go. Lighten up a bit, people.

Couldn't agree more, your lot showed absolutely no ambition to win the game and were very content with a 0-0.

I genuinely don't know why you didn't go for it because we were their for the taking if you had taken the risks and gone for it.

We were there for the taking !!!!! Who needs fucking enemies... ffs!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.