Leicester post match thread

I thought Inler was a hard player when he was at napoli but today he went down like a cheap **** ever time some one touched him.

Thought we played decent. Best rearguard performance I've seen in awhile from City, especially with Otamendi and Mangala.

That's 72 points from 38 league games in 2015. Overall, we have been average this whole year with the form of a 4th placed team.
Let's hope we can kickstart a title winning form next year.

You forget that in the same way we have played most of the top teams away this first half (I include Leicester in that this season) we also played most of the top 5/6 teams excluding Arsenal away in the second half of last season so it's a bit harsh to look at our points total for 2015 on that basis.

Defensively good but the attack was toothless. Pretty, tippy tippy football but no real threat generation or sustained, chance creating pressure. But could have been worse.

Reasons to be positive:
1. Clean sheet without Vinny, and away from home
2. Just 3 points off top, with the inevitable bottlers leading the way
3. Aguero and Silva have more playing time and should now be 100% for the next game
4. This was a very good performance against a team flying at the top who were at home
5. De Bruyne

The performance was good enough to win it if City had Sergio at his best, or even just his normal form. That sitter he mist beginning of the 2nd half, would never ever have happened if he was on a normal injury free run this season.

In the end I fear that Sergio's injury/ies together with Vinnie's is what's will cost City the title this year, just when it's up for grabs. Cause it's not just the matches that they're out injured, but also the lack of form in the first couple of matches they return, which makes a 4 week injury cost about 7 weeks.

Sadly, Bony in spite of all his efforts hasn't proven to be a worthy replacement for Sergio, and neither has Otamendi or Mangala for Kompany. So even if just 3 points behind, can't see City taking it this year.

Disappointed....can't wait for the next season under Pep....I believe we will score 4-5 goals in a match often under him...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.