Leicester post match thread

I can't understand some of the negativity on here. We went to Leicester and totally dominated. Sterling looked like he is going to be a top signing and Mangala was excellent at the back with Otamendi. Mangala never gave Vardy a kick all night. The only disappointment was our attacking play, but Aguero and Silva were well off the pace due to lack of fitness and that is only a temporary thing. Unfortunately with Aguero, always takes 3-4 games for him to get back to his best. Last night was one of those performances from him that we have to put up with til he gets there. Hopefully Saturday. I do think the draw last night makes Watford away a must win though.

Agree with that, just to add Leicester did defend the area well.

Good point.

And to all those who claim we'll be OK when Sergio and Silva are back to speed and Vince returns, please explain how we're going to keep them all fit when we've shown a complete inability to do that over the past couple of years.
Just Sergio should be enough imo. Having all 3 of them fit all season would see City take it by a 20 points margin ... but never gonna happen given injuryproness.
But Sergio fit and in form is who City need to convert a tight game into a win.
With KDB, Yaya etc. there should be enough quality to cover Silva when out. Obviously you lose some quality but should still be enough.
Same for defenders, guys like Otamendi & Mangala should in principle be able to take over when Vinny's not there.
The only thing you can't replace imo is a true goal scorer like Sergio in form. He'll be crucial for City to still win the title.

Whilst I was disappointed with the result, I was happy enough with the performance. I thought Oto and Mangala had their best game as a partnership. Fern and Yaya put in a good shift and the team as a whole defended much better. Stirling was really good and he is clearly being coached to use his left foot and that was pleasing to see. Dave was off the pace a bit and Sergio had his predictable first game back but overall it was ok and I thought we made Leicester look ordinary. We are in a good position to kick on, we have been very ordinary and ravaged by injury and I think a 20% improvement in second half will take us to the title. We are more than capable of doing that if we get two of Sergio, Komps and Dave fully firing. It's puzzling to me to see so many negatives about last night when you contrast it to the performances against Stoke and Liverpool.
Great post and sums up my feelings

Also, too easy to blame Pellers for the inconsistency imo. Sure, his tactics are sometimes a bit naive and that may cost one or two points every now and then, but he can't help our key players taking turns in the sick-bay. His attacking style of play with Kompany, Silva & Agüero fit all season would see City take the title by a ridiculous margin imo.

Agree with that, just to add Leicester did defend the area well.

Good point.

They did indeed, but that is 80% of their game. Watching them last night, a fair amount of their attacking threat was simply based on hoof and run, and then hope that Vardy gets one clear chance, which, last night, he buggered! They will never overcome organised defences! I can see them falling away in the New Year. Just hope we don't follow them!

By no means brilliant but a definite improvement. I'm just happy that we went away from home and weren't all over the show at the back. That's potentially something we can build on.

City fans seem to have learnt nothing from history. I thought the title wins in 2012 and 2014 would have taught City fans that no prizes are given out in December and there are still plenty of points to play for.

Considering the challenges we've had with injuries arguably missing our three best players in Silva, Kompany and Aguero for large chunks of the season I can only see that benefitting us in the second half. If we are chasing Arsenal the perennial bottlers then things are looking good. Large parts of our team have been there seen it done it when the games get bigger and higher pressure towards the end of the season that experience could be the difference.

Plus, our fans have been there in recent years and know how-to handle the pressure of a title run in and never to give in......oh hang on....

Our recent history is 50:50. Two title wins with late runs, but also two 2nd places when we were in a similar position to now and then faded badly in Jan/Feb. To the point that that it was all over in March. So I can understand the anxiousness. I was happy enough with yesterday's performance, but there is something missing from the team at the moment and not just Kompany. I don't think we're too far away and a good result on Saturday could set us up for a decent run. But it does seem a case of two steps forward, one step backwards.

No. In some ways we are lucky to be within a shout. But since we are, let's fcukin do it.
So then why are a small but vocal element of posters being critical of the majority who aren't impressed with our performances? Yes we're in with a shout, but that is not down to our own doing. Joe Hart said it himself, we have not been good enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.