Leicester Post Match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say fair play to Leicester. They set there stall out and wanted to win

We were woeful in nearly all areas and as much as he has done for us over recent years Yaya was a disgrace . I could walk around the pitch for 200k per week no problem giving the ball away at nearly every opportunity . Sorry Yaya but I think this is your last season playing for City

@SWP's back and I were lynched in Oct/Nov when we painted the picture for Manuel, Bony and Toure. A lot of you are now singing from the same hymn sheet. Better late than never I guess.

Unfortunate situation.

Last edited:
The one player who showed a bit of desire today? Listen sunshine, this isn't RedCafe or RAWK. You have a lot to learn.

He wouldn't find the Etihad on a map mate.

Totally agree with you.

its been almost four years so i dont think i have anything to learn, its much better than abusing the manager or players which many resort to on here in the wake of every poor result which is pretty evident in this thread to

Cant understand all the shit being posted on here, we were beaten fair and square let's move on blue moon rising
Because we surrendered in front of a watching world with what was quite possibly the most feeble attempt at a game as I've seen in a few years.
That was us with a chance to go top - instead we're likely to finish the weekend in fourth looking over our shoulders at the cunts across the way.
That's why shits being posted.

The manager's blind obsession with Toure is one thing, his inability to recognise his fundamental fault line as the game takes place, is unforgivable.

Can't play deep, can't play number ten.

A team without any leaders, coupled with fatigue and players who just aren't up to it any more, has arrived at the perfect storm, just as we enter our busiest period.

As I stated in midweek, we will be doing well to end the season with one trophy.

As for Kolarov, there are no words...

The hilarious thing, Leicester just did their jobs and everything else was presented on a platter.

Seem to recall a battering for Leicester in your pre match thoughts TH.

At last the poor transfer strategy , the fact that MP had served his purpose after one season and the fact that our best player today came on to replace a tired , broken spirited and now injured DS once again who hadn't played for us before says a lot about how poor the first team is organised under our current management and comes home to roost for everyone to see.

A defining day for us today when the fact we need speed , organisation , better man management and tactical nous on and off the field to get closer to the elite of football is there for all to see.

One Man in Pep won't change that overnight.

We don't have the best squad in the premiership , we have a few individuals that when they decide to can get the job done but we are not a team currently that inspires and motivates themselves from within and yes as is obvious many of the squad are past it both as City players and playing for clubs looking to add trophies home and abroad to their cabinet.

It's going to end poorly for the charming man on the field but he goes with my best wishes.

its been almost four years so i dont think i have anything to learn, its much better than abusing the manager or players which many resort to on here in the wake of every poor result which is pretty evident in this thread to
Hang on. You've just slated Sterling!

Position
Team Played Goal Difference Points
View full table

No movement 1 Leicester 25 20 53
Moving up 2 Tottenham 25 26 48
Moving down 3 Man City 25 21 47
No movement 4 Arsenal 24 15 45
No movement 5 Man Utd 24 10 40
No movement 6 West Ham 24 10 39
Moving up 7 Everton 25 12 35
No movement 8 Liverpool 25 -4 35
Moving down 9 Southampton 24 8 34
Moving down 10 Watford 25 0 33
Moving down 11 Stoke 25 -7 33
No movement 12 Crystal Palace 25 -4 32
No movement 13 Chelsea 24 -2 29
No movement 14 West Brom 25 -9 29
No movement 15 Bournemouth 24 -10 28
No movement 16 Swansea 25 -9 27
Moving up 17 Newcastle 25 -18 24
Moving down 18 Norwich 25 -20 23
No movement 19 Sunderland 25 -19 20
No movement 20 Aston Villa 25 -20 16

this is my rant......so I apologise but I am really pissed off after that abject performance

Think we now have a major issue on our hands after todays display...for long periods of this season we the fans have witnessed really poor displays from the team when they do not have the ball, then there is the actual defensive shambles displayed by the back four themselves

Against Leicester we have just had 2 full backs both bombing forward at any opportunity, both at the same time which played into Leicester's hands as well as other teams who set-up to counter us.

There seems to be no urgency when the ball is given away to want to retrieve it, no pressure on the ball as a collective unit.

In the second half of todays game I was actually watching what our players were doing when they didn't have the ball but we had possession, and when Leicester had possession. The movement was none existent to want to exploit any spaces between the midfield and defence. There was no movement with pace to try and stretch their formation, and we played to many horizontal passes. We could not get through the middle because they congested the space, so what do you need to do, you have to go wide.

Now the big point here is that we have one of the fastest wingers in sterling but time and time again when he had the ball he failed to run at their full back, instead he opted to either wait for kolorov to over lap (to which kolorov then offered nothing) or he would either stop and play the ball backwards. Sterling seems to have forgotten to actually run at the man.

This is another major issue, without the ball we had a few players trying to play a pressing style every so often, but with no support from anyone else, this then left the pressing player woefully out of place and the player would drag other City players out of position who seemed to be following the ball.

You cant play a pressing game without the whole team playing that way. If the other teams win this week we can drop to fourth place, and the way our defence is playing this season we could be in danger of making a major fuck-up

Are these players looking to impress Pep when he arrives?? I am not so sure on that display, it smelt like some new they were out the door.

Not a rant mate, just a fair synopsis of today's woeful performance. Driving home, I was thinking who would be MOTM, and concluded, no one deserved it

Hart had a great game, prevented it being truly embarrassing.

Fullbacks - People on here will have a go at Kolorov because it's the simplistic option. Yes, his final ball was dreadful but he supported in attack all game. Zabaleta offered nothing in comparison. But you're not allowed to have a go at Pablo.

Centre halfs
MDM bless him did his best but the manager's chucked him in front of the bus here. No pace alongside him, no cover in front of him, up against the quickest forward in the league. Lost Huth for both goals, should be back in Argentina with his feet up.
Otamendi has got to stay on his feet, too many missed tackles, too often out of position, can't seem to pass a ball.

Midfield
Fernandinho was by a distance the worst performer on the pitch.
His job is to protect the defence and support the attack - old school box to box footballer. Leicester had such a man in Kante, who must be on our shopping list after that performance. Gave the ball away all day, light in the tackle, offers nothing, head dropped at 2 nil.
That's the problem with spending 30 million on a 29 year old box to box midfielder, he's going to give you 3 years max and he offers nothing else.

Delph - thought he was our best player in first half.

Yaya - leggy, matches visibly catching up with him. Again, the manager could have helped him here as he was never going to cope with Leicester going forward.

Silva - lets home the form is temporary, class is permanent argument is in evidence here. Passes overhit, underhit, off the pace, looks disinterested.

Sterling - I can't see it. Whatever it was the guy writing a cheque for a sum fifty times bigger than the one Mahrez cost saw, I can't see it.

Sergio- half a chance, goal. No service all day.

Game summed up by the moment when Kolorov, ball at feet, looked up to cross and saw 8 Leicester players in the box and no teammates.
Moments later, they broke and outnumbered us going forward. Hands down they were better than us all over the park, primarily down to them working twice as hard.

If somehow we still win this league then this is s woeful league standard wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.