Leicester Post Match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
cannot believe how inept our attacking decisions were today , our last ball , set pieces created absolutely nothing , the only decent cross in the whole match came from Celina an academy player off the bench , we can put it down to fatigue/injuries , but Leicester even didnt have to play well to beat us or take all their chances . We had great stats shots/corners/possession , but no end product , i wont be digging out individual players , because none of them played to their potential. February is now a make or break month , we might be in 4 competitions now , but we could be out of the lot in 3 weeks , we are just not playing as a team , MP needs to work a minor miracle to sort this lot out for the Spurs game , and no doubt Pep will be receiving a recording of the Leicester game , and it does'nt look good for a few of those "performers" today.

Dynamo Kiev has every right to hope they could beat us. We could look at utter failure of the season in next 2-3 weeks, we're playing that bad.

Our problem isn't Sterling, who put a shift in. It's a defence, which aside from Mangala and Clichy isn't quick. I can't see any of today's back 5 being at the club in 2017-18.

I don't disagree but we play a very high line which means any quick player getting in behind us will leave our defence for dead.
My point about doing what Leicester do is that with a slow defence we should sit deeper and allow teams to come onto us - then do what Leicester do, and break with devastating pace - via Sterling and Navas whose biggest assets are pace.
I'm not saying it's a tactic we should employ for every game (as Leicester do), but it's one that need to adopt sometimes and to add to our game. We appear to have only one way of playing and it's very predictable. Too many times we've found ourselves struggling to break down a 10 man defence and if we get caught on the break we're prone to conceding.
As much as it pains me to say it, today we needed 'not to lose' more than we needed a win and we knew we'd be playing a team with a counter attacking game plan. If ever there was a game when we needed to sit deeper and play them at their own game, it was today. Instead, we handed it to them on a plate by giving them a tonne of room behind a slow defence.

Last edited:
Everyone but the manager could see that coming.

In fairness there were a few of bluemoons finest saying we shouldn't treat Leicester like Barcelona, we have better players, they are average,we will batter them, no special tactics needed(not that we do tactics)

Pellegrini is an idiot but he does have a few to keep him warm and deluded

Points trophy, in 4 competitions, nice bloke etc etc.....

Watching them slowly drown is the only entertainment to be had this season, how we ended up with Eddie the eagle of football managers is beyond me

Liked the mass walkout on 77 minutes in support of the dipper fans. Nice touch.

Actually it was the one thing that surprised me today.The game was over at 0-3 but most fans stayed until the last five minutes.I am not sure what people expect everyone was soaking wet and miserable,we have more important things to worry about than people rightly fucking off to get in the warm and get a drink down them!

Don't you fecking start twitching;)

Pep is clearly a man of his word, and why would he need a get-out clause if he can't actually sign a contract in the first place?

I think that should suffice for your Twitter clowns.

You don't need a get out clause for a contract that isn't even on the table to be signed until he leaves his current employment.

OK. Will pass it on.

Still, does that mean we're screwed if we don't get top 4 if he hasn't signed owt?

I'm quite apathetic towards the management and team this season,used to be pissed off for days after a defeat but Manuel and the players have killed that off. Same for most City fans I know,the thing is when we were really shit I think the players did their best for the most part but were not up to it.

I'm quite apathetic towards the management and team this season,used to be pissed off for days after a defeat but Manuel and the players have killed that off. Same for most City fans I know,the thing is when we were really shit I think the players did their best for the most part but were not up to it.

Yep, there was a debate about this recently. He & certain players have killed the enthusiasm with their absolute lack of passion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.