Leicester Post Match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, there was a debate about this recently. He & certain players have killed the enthusiasm with their absolute lack of passion.
Spineless. Passionless. Rudderless. Clueless. Hopeless.

Clearly has his favourites does Manuel. Yaya is at the stage of his career now where he needs to be used as an impact player against tired legs, not as a starter in front of that defence. Delph isn't a top shelf player but he was no worse than anyone else on the pitch today, wrong decision to bring him off imo.

Sterling is having his ability to go past a player coached out of him (just like Navas) and this is the reason he usually comes inside, but not until the opposition has managed to get their whole team behind the ball.

We play with no intensity, we don't close down, we don't get back at pace, we don't go forward at pace. It is boring, ineffective shite that Stuart fucking Pearce would have been ashamed of.

For their 2nd goal today, Zab made a tackle on the edge of their box and went to ground. Both Yaya and Silva were in the same area. Neither tracked back in Zabs place. The Leicester player strolled forward fully 40/50 yards and we backed off him completely. It was pathetic.

I'm convinced Manuel NEVER researches our opponents strengths and weaknesses. He isn't arsed one jot. The fucking ball rolled into the technical area when we were chasing the game and he didn't move a fucking muscle. He stood still and watched it roll past him. What message does that convey to the players?

I have no issue with losing a game, or even 10 games if stuff just isn't going right for us as long as we're having a go, trying different things, putting a shift in. The shit we watched today was pathetic and inexcusable. We're far from out of the race, but fucking hell, we're making it very difficult for ourselves.

Fair play to Leicester. They had a plan and it worked. They worked hard at their jobs and their manager clearly gives a fuck.

Yet again as soon as the line up was announced, I just knew we'd be up against it. We may still be churning out results, but let's make no bones about it, we're in a bad run of form.

We need to get back to basics just as we did against Villa. We need to be solid and to play our players in their strongest positions until we get our rhythm and mojo back. When I saw Silva and Delph out wide and Sterling through the centre with Yaya again in a midfield two, with Kolorov, Dimechelis and Zabaleta up against Leicester's rapid attack my heart just sank.

Leicester deserved their win and anyone who says different is just being disingenuous, our penalty call was ruled correctly and although the corner that led to their third goal was incorrect, these things happen and the damage had already been done in any case.

After this weekend we could be fourth if results go against us which is just about what our form deserves. There's little point in anyone bellyaching about Manuel, he's going at the end of the season and he's not going to be relieved of his duties before then. I'm just genuinely disappointed that his reign seems to be ebbing away without the win at all cost attitude most managers would employ if they had nothing to lose and everything to gain.

As for City, we must fight on. Today was devastating, but all is not lost with nearly a third of the season to go. Leicester are genuine title challengers and on the day we were well beaten by the better team and by a manager who has managed to get more than the sum of the parts available to him unlike ours.

The best way I can sum up today is that there's a reason we're changing our manager and it was clearly demonstrated today - ably backed up by the performances of several who Pep will not want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.