Lescott + more

GStar said:
Darker shade of Blue said:
Look lads , I'm the only Everton fan in this village ! ok ? lol

I think generally you're alright, like to give it, don't mind taking it... some of your "mates" completely miss the point though.

A bit of banter is all part of the fun .
I'm too old to take it all too seriously , so as much as I appreciate the humourous replies , I try and let the odd nasty comment fly by unnoticed . :o)

I looked after Manchester for a company for just over 3 years , as well as many other areas and got treated very well by everyone , so I have absolutely no problem with Mancs , be they red or blue .

It's just a game after all .

GStar said:
Look lads , I'm the only Everton fan in this village ! ok ? lol

I think generally you're alright, like to give it, don't mind taking it... some of your "mates" completely miss the point though.

A bit of banter is all part of the fun .
I'm too old to take it all too seriously , so as much as I appreciate the humourous replies , I try and let the odd nasty comment fly by unnoticed . :o)

I looked after Manchester for a company for just over 3 years , as well as many other areas and got treated very well by everyone , so I have absolutely no problem with Mancs , be they red or blue .

It's just a game after all .

legend.

pbibs said:
I CLOSED MY EYES (i closed my eyes)
DREW BACK THE CURTAIN
TO SEE FOR CERTAIN WATTA THOUGHT I KNEW

FAR FAR AWAY (far far away)
KENWRIGHT WAS WEEPING
LESCOTT IS LEAVING
ANY DREAM WILL DO

I WORE MY COAT (i wore my coat)
WITH ADUG LINING, OIL MONEY SHINING,
WONDERFUL AND NEW,

AND IN THE EAST, THE DAWN WAS BREAKIN,
F E R G U S O N SHAKIN
ANY DREAM WILL DO

Ha ha ....... very good .

Right back atcha :P

Crappy talk, keep talkin' Crappy talk ,
Talk about things you'd like to do .
You've got to have a team ,
If you don't have a team ,
How you gonna have your dream come true ?

Talk about Ka-kaaa , coming to the prem ,
Lookin' like the icing on the cake ;
He said to Madrid , rather you than them ,
I'm makin' all the wonga I can make .

Talk about players you'd like to try .
You can kiss the big top 4 goodbye .

Talk about Barry , lookin' like a girl ,
Pickin' through the brochures of Audi ;
Said to fat Harreeee , would you like to 'ave a whirl,
While I'm countin' all the wads of my moneeeey .

Talk about trophies you would like to win .
If you don't have a team '
Your cabinet will soon look flippin thin .

Talk about Mark hughes , the fish he wants to catch ,
Wants to finish higher than Everton .
He's gonna blow a fuse , when your lads don't win a match ,
You'll be lookin up at them when the seasons done .

Talk about pastures old and new .
You'll soon be proppin up division 2 .

If you don't talk Crappy ,
And you never have team ,
Then you'll never have a dream come true!

bum bum :o)

yeerrrr nice song

it's awful late but i'll have a crack. to the tune of peter kay's and tony christies 'armadillo'

and a one, two, one two three four....

when the day is dawning
on a smelly liverpool morning
scouse fans and players,
pray for a new stadium somewhere
what a crappy city and the grounds are tat
surely by now the fans can smell a rat

[chorus]
show me the plans for your new stadium
oh dear it seems no-one has made them
dreaming dreams - but dreams wont build one
that rotten cowshed's still your home
[/chorus]

Gwladiator said:
C_T_I_D said:
We were owned by Shinawatra that was correct but the deals that he was doing he could not afford and we potentially would have got into administration if not for the arabs coming into the club and writing off all the debt. He was borrowing money off wealthy 'associates' at the time.

You still had more money to spend.

technically, even a few cents is more than zero ;)

I already had this debate in great length with many posters on here about 2 weeks ago NSNO-ers, so your a bit behind the times i'm afraid.

To be fair to the Man City fans you can't expect to come on here and win an argument about who's dad's biggers then who's dad because they'll defend their team just as we would if City fans invaded our forums.

City have a lot of potential, I think it'll take more then 2 years of buying sensible purchases in the transfer market to elevate city up there in to the top 4 as they need a team rather then a squad of galactico mercenaries. For City Lescott is exactly the type of player they should be chasing as he's a proven premier league player, hasn't got a bad attitude and is a step up from anything the currently have.

I dont think there's any guarantee that even if City offered us a stupid wedge of money and we let Lescott talk to them that he'd actually go, but if that happened then so be it. The £18-£20m we got would represent a £15m (roughly) profit on a player we only bought 3 years ago. Good business in my eyes and Moyes would use the cash wisely.

There's been a huge change in City fans attitudes it seems since they got the money, they feel they have a right to be regarded as one of the premier teams in the league without having done anything to earn it yet. The attempt to sign Kaka made City a laughing stock to be fair, and proved that throwing crazy money at people doesn't always get you what you want... this was preceeded by Robinho stating he was happy to have signed for "chelsea" during his unvailing at a press conference for City (how embarrasing!).

I think its the above points that make fans of other clubs have a dislike for City these days.
Personally if you do break the top 4's monopoly it'll be a good thing for footy as one of those teams missing out on the champions league money every year would open things up as it would seriously curtail their spending power... ok it would mean they were replaced by a team with even greater spending power but still it could be good for the league... especially if Chelsea missed out one year, arsenal the next, then liverpool etc.

If you break the top 4 and even win trophies then fair enough it'll mean you've built well and spent wisely. I dont think anyone would begrudge you that... but until that day comes maybe you could be a bit more realistic with your views. I was accused of living "in the past" by some posters on here... however I feel many City supporters are living in "the future" and not even a guaranteed future, just one that could happen if everything goes to plan.

ToffeeAndy said:
I already had this debate in great length with many posters on here about 2 weeks ago NSNO-ers, so your a bit behind the times i'm afraid.

To be fair to the Man City fans you can't expect to come on here and win an argument about who's dad's biggers then who's dad because they'll defend their team just as we would if City fans invaded our forums.

City have a lot of potential, I think it'll take more then 2 years of buying sensible purchases in the transfer market to elevate city up there in to the top 4 as they need a team rather then a squad of galactico mercenaries. For City Lescott is exactly the type of player they should be chasing as he's a proven premier league player, hasn't got a bad attitude and is a step up from anything the currently have.

I dont think there's any guarantee that even if City offered us a stupid wedge of money and we let Lescott talk to them that he'd actually go, but if that happened then so be it. The £18-£20m we got would represent a £15m (roughly) profit on a player we only bought 3 years ago. Good business in my eyes and Moyes would use the cash wisely.

There's been a huge change in City fans attitudes it seems since they got the money, they feel they have a right to be regarded as one of the premier teams in the league without having done anything to earn it yet. The attempt to sign Kaka made City a laughing stock to be fair, and proved that throwing crazy money at people doesn't always get you what you want... this was preceeded by Robinho stating he was happy to have signed for "chelsea" during his unvailing at a press conference for City (how embarrasing!).

I think its the above points that make fans of other clubs have a dislike for City these days.
Personally if you do break the top 4's monopoly it'll be a good thing for footy as one of those teams missing out on the champions league money every year would open things up as it would seriously curtail their spending power... ok it would mean they were replaced by a team with even greater spending power but still it could be good for the league... especially if Chelsea missed out one year, arsenal the next, then liverpool etc.

If you break the top 4 and even win trophies then fair enough it'll mean you've built well and spent wisely. I dont think anyone would begrudge you that... but until that day comes maybe you could be a bit more realistic with your views. I was accused of living "in the past" by some posters on here... however I feel many City supporters are living in "the future" and not even a guaranteed future, just one that could happen if everything goes to plan.

You know ya stuff lad. For all we know the economy could fuck over our wages. But just like you Everton, we have a goal. Everton rise up since 2002 and had a goal to make it to the FA cup in 2009. Just like City have the goal of being the best team in the world. :)

ToffeeAndy said:

Why ? Yes, we tried to sign one of the world best players and perhaps we were punching above our weight but big deal. We tried and we failed. That said, I do agree things could have been handled differently but we did not leak the story to the press.

ToffeeAndy said:
... this was preceeded by Robinho stating he was happy to have signed for "chelsea" during his unvailing at a press conference for City (how embarrasing!).

Andy, I had some respect for you from your previous posts but it's in danger of disappearing with this comment. Do you really think that Robinho didn't know who he was signing for? If so you are just another media sheep. The lad was barracked by journalists thirsty for blood when he shocked the world and joined our "project" and IMO it was little surprise that he made a slip of the tongue (which he quickly corrected with his trademark giggles). He's happy at City and despite what people think he's intelligent enough to know that a club with money needs willing to buy their way to the top have to start somewhere.

If you want some respect (from me at least) and people not to simply ignore your posts try not to jump on the stereo type bandwagons. Thanks.

TonyM said:
ToffeeAndy said:
... this was preceeded by Robinho stating he was happy to have signed for "chelsea" during his unvailing at a press conference for City (how embarrasing!).

Andy, I had some respect for you from your previous posts but it's in danger of disappearing with this comment. Do you really think that Robinho didn't know who he was signing for? If so you are just another media sheep. The lad was barracked by journalists thirsty for blood when he shocked the world and joined our "project" and IMO it was little surprise that he made a slip of the tongue (which he quickly corrected with his trademark giggles). He's happy at City and despite what people think he's intelligent enough to know that a club with money needs willing to buy their way to the top have to start somewhere.

If you want some respect (from me at least) and people not to simply ignore your posts try not to jump on the stereo type bandwagons. Thanks.

Sorry I might not have been totaly clear here. I wasn't suggesting he didn't know what club he was playing for, just that to the outside world at that moment it made a lot of people laugh. It gave the impression (rightly or wrongly) that his heart has been set on the move to Chelsea and he didnt really know what was going on.

Yeah the media may have made it out to be more then it was, but just at that moment everyone kind of cringed and laughed in that kind of way you do if someone falls over in the street and hurts themselves. It was embarrasing even if it wasn't what the media made it out to be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.