Lescott

Re: Joleon Lescott

blueandy1mac said:
All fair points but if he does go we HAVE to replace him. What with ? Jan is the worst possible time to HAVE to recruit as you're simply held over a barrel by the selling club,. Either that or you're forced into buying someone short term 'just in case' only to have to offload again a year down the line.
Sorry, maybe I just like the devil you know, even with his technical shortcomings.

There are more variables than you are taking into account though.
He may be losing patience in which case we would be forcing an unhappy player to stay.
Pellegrini does not want any animosity in the squad so this may be more important to him than maybe juggling around players at the back.

I do see your point and sympathize with it a lot, i guess we will have to see how it plays out bud.

Just like Lukaku going to Everton, this could be a significant loaning, as Lescott would probably play against the other top clubs, and that could be important in the final reckoning. Think Matic, if bought, could add cover for midfield and defence.

Should he move, would Lescott be entitled to a medal were we to win the league?

Telegraph are saying we have told him he can leave and spurs / Newcastle want him on loan till end of season when he is out of contract, it's been obvious for a long time he was not getting a new deal.

I agree with not giving him a new deal he's 32 and we don't want to end up like utd with an old shit squad you have to keep improving, he's not a champions league player never was, we want to win everything and you don't do that giving new contracts to 32 year old players like lescott. That said I am surprised we are letting him go when we are so short of centre halfs and have had so many injuries and problems in that position this season.

If he is going I can only assume we are signing another centre half ? We are still going for 4 trophies I can't see how we can get to the end of the season with only 3 decent central defenders at th club one of them injured.

Talksport saying that Besiktas have said they're definitely in talks for a january move. We must have someone coming in.

Lescott was vastly overpriced but has served us well,his contribution to our progress and success will not be forgotten.

However,his transfer is good news as obviously we will have a much needed quality replacement in mind,so,hopefully from my POV......its alL the best and thank you:-)

Gabriel said:
Should he move, would Lescott be entitled to a medal were we to win the league?

Don't think so, the usual requirement is appearing in at least 25% of league games so 10 would be the minimum needed, at present Joleon has 8.

Davs 19 said:
If he's on his way, I wonder whether we have a top draw upgrade lined up or a stop gap?
Or important squad player?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.