Lescott

Did anyone hear the clown on talksport saying plenty of clubs interested including tottenham and spurs sorry mate I thought it was saints and southampton
shakes head

IMO we either keep Lescott or invest the money we may get for him for another CB.

Kompany, Nasty and demichellis having the injuries they have had it would be stupid to let Lescott go with no replacement.

He's managed 13 games in total this season, but his wages are such that we could get better value elsewhere. If all we are after is a bench warmer, then Boyata and Richards could suffice for now, but if we want depth to challenge the others to maintain higher standards, then he will need to be replaced.

Pellegrini clearly doesn't rate Lescott too highly, and you can see why. Defensively he's sound, but his technical skills leave a fair bit to be desired. He looks scared of the ball when it's at his feet, and everything he does with the ball looks very deliberate and laboured. He's a good defender, and a more than adequate squad player, but his wages are those of a first team regular. Unless he's willing to take a sizeable paycut, and accept that when Kompany and Nastasic are fit he'll likely be on the bench, then he won't be here next season. I wouldn't be looking to sell in January, unless we've a replacement already lined up, as we need that left sided centre half cover option he provides.

Matty said:
Pellegrini clearly doesn't rate Lescott too highly, and you can see why. Defensively he's sound, but his technical skills leave a fair bit to be desired. He looks scared of the ball when it's at his feet, and everything he does with the ball looks very deliberate and laboured. He's a good defender, and a more than adequate squad player, but his wages are those of a first team regular. Unless he's willing to take a sizeable paycut, and accept that when Kompany and Nastasic are fit he'll likely be on the bench, then he won't be here next season. I wouldn't be looking to sell in January, unless we've a replacement already lined up, as we need that left sided centre half cover option he provides.

He was described to me by someone at a game that when he's got the ball he looks like someone tip toeing through a field trying to avoid the dog shit.....which made me laugh

He's done his job getting us to where we are but we're now (unfortunately for him) out of his league.

Matty said:

Agree totally. He ain't going anywhere unless we have a step-in replacement.

sounds to me like weve agreed with someone else cb wise itmakes sense get shut of high earner who doesnt play and bring in either top class like mangala who willplay or a alternative cheaper back up like zouma.

Quotes from the OS: “Joleon Lescott is a very important player for us. I understand the he finishes his contract in June here, but we will see what happens in the future. But for the moment, he is still here and I repeat that he is a very useful player for our team,” he stated.

“At this moment we are not considering it. We will see in the future during the transfer window what will happen.

Can be taken 1 of 2 ways. He plays out his contract and we leave between May/June on if we keep him. The other way is we can see later on this window if we have that replacement lined up and Lescott will make way.

For my own selfish reasons I kinda want him to stay. He has to know he's a long way away from England NT. Even when Micah was playing well he couldn't get in so I dunno how Lescott can get in with half a season at a smaller club. But if we do have a great replacement they will defo be younger and on less wages,

MillionDollarDream said:
Quotes from the OS: “Joleon Lescott is a very important player for us. I understand the he finishes his contract in June here, but we will see what happens in the future. But for the moment, he is still here and I repeat that he is a very useful player for our team,” he stated.

“At this moment we are not considering it. We will see in the future during the transfer window what will happen.

Can be taken 1 of 2 ways. He plays out his contract and we leave between May/June on if we keep him. The other way is we can see later on this window if we have that replacement lined up and Lescott will make way.

For my own selfish reasons I kinda want him to stay. He has to know he's a long way away from England NT. Even when Micah was playing well he couldn't get in so I dunno how Lescott can get in with half a season at a smaller club. But if we do have a great replacement they will defo be younger and on less wages,

Lescott having his bluff called as reports suggest he want's city to pay up the 2.1 mil contract to June even if he moves...MP (quite rightly) saying we are happy to keep him and he will play a 'bit part' for the remainder of the season....doesn't help Joleon's prospects of getting to Brazil so he has a big decision to make. My feelings are that he will be gone come Feb.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.