Liverpool (a) - CL Quarter Final pre-match thread

Liverpool v City CL prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

I think he's playing a back 4 of Walker, Kompany, Otamendi and Laporte. Everton was the test at LB for Laporte and it worked a treat:

DZ3-tMDWkAAdf1s.jpg

DZ3-sdQWAAEETpt.jpg

We need players who can have the ball glued to their feet under pressure for this one. That's why i think Bernardo will play.

We need players who can have the ball glued to their feet under pressure for this one. That's why i think Bernardo will play.
Smash and grab is the tactic I think. Smash them with Sterling then consolidate with Bernardo.

Pep does have form for throwing in a curve ball when the chips are down in this competition, with various degrees of success?

There was infamous semi against Madrid at the Bernabeu where he played Messi as a false nine and they didn't know who the hell should pick him up, culminating in the fantastic run and winning goal.

Bayern's game against Barca at the Nou Camp was another, when he essentially went three at the back and didn't mark Messi.

Pep got a lot of stick when Messi finally made Boateng look like a sack of spuds, but the plan was working.

Bayern had chances in the first half. Pep's Bayern also created against Atletico Madrid.

At this level, more than anywhere else, if we take our chances, we will stand a fantastic chance of going all the way.

That last statement by pep could lead to an interesting pre match thread when the teams are announced! Lol

I think he's playing a back 4 of Walker, Kompany, Otamendi and Laporte. Everton was the test at LB for Laporte and it worked a treat:

DZ3-tMDWkAAdf1s.jpg

DZ3-sdQWAAEETpt.jpg

I gave up guessing months ago.

Trust in Pep is my motto.

That is my choice as well - the dickheads in the crowd get inside his head very easily and we cannot afford to pay with 10 men.
If Pep doesn't pick Raheem it will be because of tactical/pattern of play reasons. I cannot see Pep leaving him out because of a few recent Anfield performances. Pep didn't join us looking for players to leave out, he'll see it as his job to get the best out of Raheem. That's why he's a coach (the best) and we're fans.

Smash and grab is the tactic I think. Smash them with Sterling then consolidate with Bernardo.
I agree. I also think that without Sergio on the bench, pep will be more likely to play Bernardo as a false nine once Jesus tires

Yeah, didn't realise that he hasn't played since the Wigan game where he got sent off. Hard to imagine him coming straight back into a game of this magnitude after a lengthy absence.
If he’s fit enough for the bench he could a useful option if we want to see out the game. Start with Laporte at left back and then switch to a back 3/5 with Laporte at centre back and Delph at full back.

But I agree, can’t see him starting

If Pep doesn't pick Raheem it will be because of tactical/pattern of play reasons. I cannot see Pep leaving him out because of a few recent Anfield performances. Pep didn't join us looking for players to leave out, he'll see it as his job to get the best out of Raheem. That's why he's a coach (the best) and we're fans.
If Raheem starts getting left out at Anfield because of historical (short historical) performances it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.