Liverpool (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the incident, did Fabino foul Haaland first and if there is a view from the other side, was he also holding Haalands shirt?
Yeah, possibly. It was given as a foul against Haaland. I’d have loved it not to have been, but I can see why.

We should have been better throughout the match and smacked them, but it wasn’t to be.

We missed Walker today. He would have been the one staying deep marking Salah. I knew we would miss him in this game.
Easy to say now that he's been out of the team for a few weeks but he was genuinely crap the whole of the season up until his injury.

Think we miss Jesus in games like this tbh. Even Phillips I think would be good as he'd give our midfield a little more bite to it.

Genuinely comical the amount of Liverpool and 'neutral' fans that are claiming that Taylor has a bias towards Liverpool because he's a manc.. have they that quickly forgotten the shit that he let them get away with at home last season?

Anyway..onto the next one

Ok - but how the fuck is any player going to play within those ‘rules’ - fouls are only fouls in the lead up to a goal (who the duck knows the length of time given to a ‘phase’ of play) and fans respect the process and enjoy the game.
Agreed.

Irrespective of who was looking at it, if we never scored from that play, would a foul have been given? No it wouldn't. A foul should either be given or not, in all instances and not just when a goal has been scored. That's the problem with VAR.

Just watched the highlights, can't believe they've disallowed that goal given how physical the two sides were/are. In the context of the game it should be a goal tbh.

We had similar BS at Old Toilet earlier in the season when we had a Martinelli goal disallowed vs the rags, and its not a nice feeling. You guys are still heavy favourites for the league tbh.

Ok. I've had time to calm down and distance myself from the heightened emotion of the game.

Several things.

Oh, and I don't care if you don't read this because it's too long, or you think I'm just moaning. It's a football forum. Of course I'm fucking moaning. It's what we do. It's what it's for. I'm just getting a bad loss off my chest. Once we're done here, we all move on together as City fans.

Pep. Is Pep a great manager? Undoubtedly - his style of play and management of the vast majority of his games hace brought unbelievable levels of success to this club. Is he infallible? Clearly not. His 'experimentation' with both player positions and tactics in 'Big' games has cost City possibly 3 CL titles in the 7 years he has managed the club.

Players. 9 of the 11 had relatively poor games. The only player who comes out of that game with real credit is Bernardo. City will be a much poorer team when that lose him next summer.

Tactics. Usually it is the slow pace of play that indicates City are going to have a bad one. On Sunday, the pace displayed by Liverpool was fast and panicked City's midfield and defense. Our attacking players failed to engage with Liverpool's defense, back- or side-passing instead of applying pressure and running at Milner and Gomes. City play too high a line to permit the luxury of only one defensive presence to take care of breaks/counter attacks. In reality, by the end of the game the Dippers should have been at least 3 goals clear of City, but they failed to capitalise on the several overloads that had in the final third of the game.

Substitutions. Haaland was very sub par, and should have been replaced by Alvarez after 60 minutes. Sticking him on in the 88th minute is an insult to the player. Pep seems bound to the idea that the players who start the game need to dig themselves out of the holes they create. Gundog, Haaland and KDB should have made way for Grealish, Alvarez and Palmer, with Bernie taking over Kev's role in the hole, Phil switching to the right wing and Bernie running the show with his drive and distribution.

VAR. Three things I need to say about WAR.
1. VAR is working perfectly. It's the inconsistent interpretation of player actions and application of the laws of the game that allows the officials to effectively bolster whichever batshit crazy decision they want to make. Rewinding the tape in order to find a suitable reason for disallowing a goal needs to have the same consistency that should apply to all incidents. The referee allowed a string of physical tackles to slide for both teams, yet dropped the bar when such physicality played a part in possibly shaping the result of the game - our goal.
2. I've not watched the game again (I'm not sure I have the heart to do so), but there is supposedly a possible handball by Salah as he turns Cancelo and runs in on Eddy for their goal. No sign of VAR pressing rewind to see if anything was iffy about this action...
3. I'm convinced that the VAR officials in Stockley Park are being influenced by the commentators describing play. Carrigher or Neville throw in their judgement/opinion, and the VAR officials let themselves be swayed by these voices. If it isn't the case that the officials get a commentary-stripped feed, then it should be.

...and finally...

Grammar

The correct forms of contraction for "could have", "would have", "should have" etc, are "could've", "would've" and "should've", NOT "could of", "would of" or "should of". My grandad didn't fight a war to see this kind of lax English usage.

But then come to think of it, he didn't fight in the war at all.

Fuxache.

Shrug it off, stay away from the sports coverage on the telly, radio and in the papers, and come back next week. We go again. Come the end of the season, we should still be there or thereabouts in every competition. The last 10 years have been a golden age for MCFC. We are lucky to have witnessed and been a part of it, and we are lucky it has lasted as long as it has. Enjoy the big picture, Blues - this City team has been the dominant force in British football for a decade, and we have seen some of the best football ever played anywhere, right here on our own pitch. It won't last forever. It can't last forever, but as long as it does, savour it. We'll need to use the memory of it to sustain us when our current era of success has subsided, and Newcastle are winning all our trophies...

Ok. I've had time to calm down and distance myself from the heightened emotion of the game.

Several things.

Oh, and I don't care if you don't read this because it's too long, or you think I'm just moaning. It's a football forum. Of course I'm fucking moaning. It's what we do. It's what it's for. I'm just getting a bad loss off my chest. Once we're done here, we all move on together as City fans.

Pep. Is Pep a great manager? Undoubtedly - his style of play and management of the vast majority of his games hace brought unbelievable levels of success to this club. Is he infallible? Clearly not. His 'experimentation' with both player positions and tactics in 'Big' games has cost City possibly 3 CL titles in the 7 years he has managed the club.

Players. 9 of the 11 had relatively poor games. The only player who comes out of that game with real credit is Bernardo. City will be a much poorer team when that lose him next summer.

Tactics. Usually it is the slow pace of play that indicates City are going to have a bad one. On Sunday, the pace displayed by Liverpool was fast and panicked City's midfield and defense. Our attacking players failed to engage with Liverpool's defense, back- or side-passing instead of applying pressure and running at Milner and Gomes. City play too high a line to permit the luxury of only one defensive presence to take care of breaks/counter attacks. In reality, by the end of the game the Dippers should have been at least 3 goals clear of City, but they failed to capitalise on the several overloads that had in the final third of the game.

Substitutions. Haaland was very sub par, and should have been replaced by Alvarez after 60 minutes. Sticking him on in the 88th minute is an insult to the player. Pep seems bound to the idea that the players who start the game need to dig themselves out of the holes they create. Gundog, Haaland and KDB should have made way for Grealish, Alvarez and Palmer, with Bernie taking over Kev's role in the hole, Phil switching to the right wing and Bernie running the show with his drive and distribution.

VAR. Three things I need to say about WAR.
1. VAR is working perfectly. It's the inconsistent interpretation of player actions and application of the laws of the game that allows the officials to effectively bolster whichever batshit crazy decision they want to make. Rewinding the tape in order to find a suitable reason for disallowing a goal needs to have the same consistency that should apply to all incidents. The referee allowed a string of physical tackles to slide for both teams, yet dropped the bar when such physicality played a part in possibly shaping the result of the game - our goal.
2. I've not watched the game again (I'm not sure I have the heart to do so), but there is supposedly a possible handball by Salah as he turns Cancelo and runs in on Eddy for their goal. No sign of VAR pressing rewind to see if anything was iffy about this action...
3. I'm convinced that the VAR officials in Stockley Park are being influenced by the commentators describing play. Carrigher or Neville throw in their judgement/opinion, and the VAR officials let themselves be swayed by these voices. If it isn't the case that the officials get a commentary-stripped feed, then it should be.

...and finally...

Grammar

The correct forms of contraction for "could have", "would have", "should have" etc, are "could've", "would've" and "should've", NOT "could of", "would of" or "should of". My grandad didn't fight a war to see this kind of lax English usage.

But then come to think of it, he didn't fight in the war at all.

Fuxache.

Shrug it off, stay away from the sports coverage on the telly, radio and in the papers, and come back next week. We go again. Come the end of the season, we should still be there or thereabouts in every competition. The last 10 years have been a golden age for MCFC. We are lucky to have witnessed and been a part of it, and we are lucky it has lasted as long as it has. Enjoy the big picture, Blues - this City team has been the dominant force in British football for a decade, and we have seen some of the best football ever played anywhere, right here on our own pitch. It won't last forever. It can't last forever, but as long as it does, savour it. We'll need to use the memory of it to sustain us when our current era of success has subsided, and Newcastle are winning all our trophies...
I thought like you the ball might have hit Salah's hand when he passed Cancelo. While there are 5 close up angles of the Haaland/Fabinho incident, all clips of the Salah goal are very wide-angled. No close up to be found!

I wish he woukd have just gone toe to toe with them. We are averaging over 3 goals a game. The dippers had a makeshift defence.
pep shoukd just face facts, the dippers have a good attack, we probably wont stop them scoring so dont focus on it. Play our normal game and outscore them. He shit it again today. Its fucking annoying when he cows to their tactics

I thought like you the ball might have hit Salah's hand when he passed Cancelo. While there are 5 close up angles of the Haaland/Fabinho incident, all clips of the Salah goal are very wide-angled. No close up to be found!

Slow it down to 0.25 speed, at 1:05, Salah looks to swing his hand on the turn and strike the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.