Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Very poor performance today. Getting overun in midfield far too often & couldnt keep the ball long enough.
Not one to judge Pep but I thought Haaland was very poor today & should have been substituted instead of DeBruyne.
Was in the right place for the Silva cross. If VVD doesn't clear, goal.
Was in the right place when Foden shot. If he'd crossed, goal.
Robbed VVD and set up an attack.
Despite Danny Murphy's swooning on MOTD2, I thought he did great against VVD in the run on goal, should have finished better.
Played a great ball out to Doku that led to him hitting the post.

Fine margins and opinions!

This is a Kung Fu kick.

Attachments

• IMG_2174.jpeg
    IMG_2174.jpeg
    300.3 KB · Views: 45
Nice spin on it but there was a period where our shape had gone and we were all over the place as they ran us ragged. You could have driven a bus through the middle as a besieged Rodri resembled Custer on Last Stand Hill. Silva, Kev, Foden and Alvarez were shrugged aside as they poured through and round us. We have suffered similar moments this Season when we have no defensive midfielders bar Rodri but they were just moments this tide went on and on and we lost the battles of physical and mental strength until the changes which restored some normality.
Yeah. We were fortunate they weren’t 20 mins too late. Couldn’t believe how long it took to get Kovacic on.

I was waiting by the stairs to exit but my daughter was a few people behind so I moved so that others could leave and she told me to move as I was blocking the stairs to which I pointed out that so was she and a colleague which was making things worse. She then swore at me and tried to wave me on my way. I think they genuinely believe that they can behave and speak in any way they want as the club won't do anything and if anyone complains they know nothing will happen.

That's exactly it mate, it's a scouse thing they're like that everywhere you encounter them. Aggressive gobby shits.

Reactions: PPT
Nice spin on it but there was a period where our shape had gone and we were all over the place as they ran us ragged. You could have driven a bus through the middle as a besieged Rodri resembled Custer on Last Stand Hill. Silva, Kev, Foden and Alvarez were shrugged aside as they poured through and round us. We have suffered similar moments this Season when we have no defensive midfielders bar Rodri but they were just moments this tide went on and on and we lost the battles of physical and mental strength until the changes which restored some normality.

Spot on and luckily for us their finishing for once was awry. Diaz alone could have had a hat trick. Only Villa have run us ragged similar to that and we had a few injuries that night.

I am not sure what Pep was playing at not changing it when we were getting battered. We desperately needed more strength in midfield. We could easily have been in the end of a hiding. Sure we could have scored a couple ourselves but they'll be kicking themselves they didn't win that.

I'm not sure what's changed with our tactics this season. I know people will say, "We're one point off the top and in the quarter finals of the fa cup and champions league." That is correct but we're very vulnerable even against poor sides. Huddersfield, who hardly had a kick created four decent chances against us. We'll see how it pans out but we really have to tighten up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.