Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

I'm not after a row mate. Cancelo has had 8 good games for us total and was fucking abominable for the 1st goal today and not good for the 2nd. Having watched every minute of every game i have a decent point of reference. However, if you choose to frame your footballing knowledge based on numbers that's entirely your choice, but slightly less interesting.
Madloaf? Talking mad shit like your head is made of a loaf.
Turn it in mate, any proper city fan will be buzzing after 3 tough away games and the outcomes of them all.
Fuckin madloaf pmsl.

Madloaf? Talking mad shit like your head is made of a loaf.
Turn it in mate, any proper city fan will be buzzing after 3 tough away games and the outcomes of them all.
Fuckin madloaf pmsl.
Lol. I am buzzing, i was just replying to the guy.

That was a superb game and for us to come back twice really shows character in the team. Especially since we've played Chelsea away and PSG away in the same week. I do think we have seen the top 4 teams in Europe now - City, Chelsea, Liverpool and PSG. The CL winners will come from that group and we've beaten Chelsea, were unlucky against PSG and unlucky today as we deserved to win.

Milner should not have been on the pitch. I genuinely can't see how he could get away with that, it's a booking as he made no effort to play the ball at all.

Foden and Bernardo in partilcular were superb today. When you think that Bernardo wanted to move to a warmer climate - can't blame him - and didn't get his wish. He could've thrown a strop, but his attitude has been absolutely exceptional this season. I do think we will miss when we he gets his wish. I don't blame him at all - he's from a warmer place and probably just misses it!

Cancelo got a great view of their goals, especially as he made very little effort to try to stop them. I don't rate the lad and would play Zinchenko at left back instead of him. Salah is going to cause the best left back in the world problems, I honestly don't think it would matter too much about who's there, but they have to at least try and put a shift in.

As for Liverpool, the Salah goal was superb, really great skill and sometimes you have to applaud the opposition for it. However, they aren't as good as they were when they won the league. They will finish 3rd and Klopp must be thinking about the defence a bit as they've started to concede goals - 2 to us, 3 to Brentford, 2 to AC Milan. Any team who wants to win the league has to keep a tight defence and they don't look tight to me. They are starting to draw games that a few seasons ago they'd win - that's an excellent sign for us.

Overall, a draw at Liverpool away after a tough week is good enough for me. We've taken 4 points from Chelsea and Liverpool and I think everyone would've taken that.

It's shaping up to be a very interesting season so far. I always go off the table after 10 games, but I think the current top 4 will stay there, but whoever are 3rd and 4th will have a battle with Everton, Spurs, West Ham and probably Leicester for those spots.

He was fine overall, in my honest opinion. He made one poor mistake, and we could have been severely punished for it. If we'd lost that game I would have been truly pissed off.
Overall, Kev had much the poorer game. By his standards. The goal notwithstanding.
Kev looked totally shot today

Another brilliant performance today. We dominated Liverpool for all but 20 minutes. It was a joy to watch. Only two world-class goals by Liverpool enabled them to get a draw out of it. Someone is going to get a severe hammering from City soon. Let's hope it happens at the swamp next month.

Jimmy got fuck all on that ball. Please tell me the guy isn't being paid to write this drivel?
Ed O'Toole's was one of five comments under a heading "... the standard of officiating keeps getting worse" - what you said... after an article on Pep's outrage at the missing second yellow. The O'Toole's opinion was unique and I think we can be fairly certain where O'Toole comes from and who he supports, but we've no evidence he's a pundit or that he gets paid for his views! The other opinions quoted were all outraged at the decision but were all concerned that such obvious errors were a common feature of PL matches. I suspect they were neutrals because they appear to have no appreciation that being done by the officials is an annual event for us at Anfield. So I would claim our record there is actually little short of sensational over recent years. Today we murdered them.

By the way, you’ve got to be a special kind of **** to be digging out Sterling after that game.
Oh, and that was Grealish’s worst game since he signed so as much as I’ve praised him today didn’t happen for him.
Phil showed again why he deserved my name change :-)
Pep learnt today that Grealish is not an option as false number nine. He looked lost.

That was a superb game and for us to come back twice really shows character in the team. Especially since we've played Chelsea away and PSG away in the same week. I do think we have seen the top 4 teams in Europe now - City, Chelsea, Liverpool and PSG. The CL winners will come from that group and we've beaten Chelsea, were unlucky against PSG and unlucky today as we deserved to win.

Milner should not have been on the pitch. I genuinely can't see how he could get away with that, it's a booking as he made no effort to play the ball at all.

Foden and Bernardo in partilcular were superb today. When you think that Bernardo wanted to move to a warmer climate - can't blame him - and didn't get his wish. He could've thrown a strop, but his attitude has been absolutely exceptional this season. I do think we will miss when we he gets his wish. I don't blame him at all - he's from a warmer place and probably just misses it!

Cancelo got a great view of their goals, especially as he made very little effort to try to stop them. I don't rate the lad and would play Zinchenko at left back instead of him. Salah is going to cause the best left back in the world problems, I honestly don't think it would matter too much about who's there, but they have to at least try and put a shift in.

As for Liverpool, the Salah goal was superb, really great skill and sometimes you have to applaud the opposition for it. However, they aren't as good as they were when they won the league. They will finish 3rd and Klopp must be thinking about the defence a bit as they've started to concede goals - 2 to us, 3 to Brentford, 2 to AC Milan. Any team who wants to win the league has to keep a tight defence and they don't look tight to me. They are starting to draw games that a few seasons ago they'd win - that's an excellent sign for us.

Overall, a draw at Liverpool away after a tough week is good enough for me. We've taken 4 points from Chelsea and Liverpool and I think everyone would've taken that.

It's shaping up to be a very interesting season so far. I always go off the table after 10 games, but I think the current top 4 will stay there, but whoever are 3rd and 4th will have a battle with Everton, Spurs, West Ham and probably Leicester for those spots.
Everything changed on the Cancelo booking for me. After that Salah targeted him and was very successful and our defence suddenly looked a bit ragged. Salah is a world class player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.