Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread

Two key takes for me (1) if offered 4 points from the last two games before chelsea away I think we’d all have taken it (2) dippers without Salah are bang fucking average

That was a superb game and for us to come back twice really shows character in the team. Especially since we've played Chelsea away and PSG away in the same week. I do think we have seen the top 4 teams in Europe now - City, Chelsea, Liverpool and PSG. The CL winners will come from that group and we've beaten Chelsea, were unlucky against PSG and unlucky today as we deserved to win.

Milner should not have been on the pitch. I genuinely can't see how he could get away with that, it's a booking as he made no effort to play the ball at all.

Foden and Bernardo in partilcular were superb today. When you think that Bernardo wanted to move to a warmer climate - can't blame him - and didn't get his wish. He could've thrown a strop, but his attitude has been absolutely exceptional this season. I do think we will miss when we he gets his wish. I don't blame him at all - he's from a warmer place and probably just misses it!

Cancelo got a great view of their goals, especially as he made very little effort to try to stop them. I don't rate the lad and would play Zinchenko at left back instead of him. Salah is going to cause the best left back in the world problems, I honestly don't think it would matter too much about who's there, but they have to at least try and put a shift in.

As for Liverpool, the Salah goal was superb, really great skill and sometimes you have to applaud the opposition for it. However, they aren't as good as they were when they won the league. They will finish 3rd and Klopp must be thinking about the defence a bit as they've started to concede goals - 2 to us, 3 to Brentford, 2 to AC Milan. Any team who wants to win the league has to keep a tight defence and they don't look tight to me. They are starting to draw games that a few seasons ago they'd win - that's an excellent sign for us.

Overall, a draw at Liverpool away after a tough week is good enough for me. We've taken 4 points from Chelsea and Liverpool and I think everyone would've taken that.

It's shaping up to be a very interesting season so far. I always go off the table after 10 games, but I think the current top 4 will stay there, but whoever are 3rd and 4th will have a battle with Everton, Spurs, West Ham and probably Leicester for those spots.
Agree and would add that Cancello is always a risk as a defensive liability. As good as he can be going forward, he will always be liable to put in a weak or non-exsistent challenge such as he did on Salah as he started off on his run for the first goal.
Great to get a point there today. Very good performances all round, overall. Foden, Rodri, Ederson, Dias, Walker and Silva have to be the first names on the team sheet these days. The others haven't quite hit the heights they are capable of yet, and need to get up to their standard, then we'll truly start flying.
To be only 1 point off the top after a tough start, and disjointed pre season is well above par going into this next international break

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.