Liverpool fans throwing missiles from South Stand Level 3

No worries.
I was making a general point, really, about Liverpool's fans and their status not only at the Etihad but up and down the land.
They're not completely alone, by the way. You've got Millwall. But who really cares about Millwall outside of south-east London?
As far as I'm aware, Millwall has never killed 39 innocent fans.

Don’t blame City blame The Sun what they wrote in 1989 gave these rats a free ticket to do what they want ............ you put ANY club in the same incidents that they have caused then it would be a different story ............

I'm not blaming City for the way the dippers behaviour. I feel I have a right to blame City for their poor risk assessment and putting 6k dippers in ss3. Plus joint emails.

Did City really think THEIR fans would be safe ?

They can’t split the stand in half because it would mean closing the corporate restaurant/section on SSL2. City wouldn’t want to lose that matchday revenue.
Nail on the head. Send out silly emails before the game to supporters but then put revenue over safety and fan enjoyment (or should I say ‘match day experience’?). So typical of our club nowadays. Money is at the forefront of all decisions made. The normal fans are a nuisance who just get in the way of it all.

Last edited by a moderator:
The actions of the bin dippers on Thursday was entirely predictable and the naivety of the City hierarchy in not anticipating it is a big concern.

Removing 6000 young ,vocal City fans in SS3 and replacing them with 6000 lawless, lethal dippers was asking for trouble which predictably happened.

In military strategy you never concede the high ground !!

The events confirm and reinforce the need for a dedicated high level City end.

Going back to Maine Rd days, City fans were and are sick of having to give our home end away to rival fans. I’m unaware of any other major club who does this, it will always understandably create and increase animosity.

An exclusive City end will prevent many of these issues in the future in addition to (hopefully) consistently improving the atmosphere.

Additionally,in the event of future cup ties opposition fans should be allocated the normal 3 tier side section of seats or SS1. SS2 & 3 should be exclusively for City fans. I can’t see any good reason why this should not be possible and acceptable.

In effect, this will create two City ends, because not everyone in SS will want to relocate to NS but some in SS1 May prefer to move up to SS3 where the acoustics are so much better.

Likewise,some from the ESL singing section may relocate to SS3 in addition to NS2.

One thing is certain away fans must NEVER be allocated SS3 again.
We have done SSL1 as the cup away end before, in FA Cup, not sure if it became and issue hence why we stopped

I am sure the logistics of entering the ground is a factor and the normal away area or teir 3 are the safer options for entry or exit to police, hence why done.

the normal away offer should be all we give if we need to provide more by using SS3 then the first 4 rows should be unavailable and netted to avoid projectiles.

with the new bar/dj area built in the SSL1 cocourse, it is never gonna be used for away fans again unless the police tell us to so no point expecting it

Last edited:
View attachment 64291
Seen some bizarre excuses but this tops it
Devastated because he lost some money? This is complete bollocks - the quotes in the MEN report state that the container contained beer as well as coins. I know dippers are thick but surely even they would not collect coins and notes in a pint mug half full of beer. This is a feeble account at scouse-washing which hopefully will be dismissed by anyone with the sense to check the statements from those on the receiving end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.