Liverpool fans throwing missiles from South Stand Level 3

Should be the same risk assessment and assignment details as per Chelrea in the League Cup.

Dunno how any supposed fans can do it. Remember a few visits to Old Trafford Swamp and other grounds where they put you up high. Not once did I think about emptying my loose change or dashing stuff over a barrier. Nor did I ever see fellow Blues do it. Not once. Even when pelted by coins (and a video camera in the league Cup once), did I see a single City fan throw anything back.

That kind of behaviour, to throw crap, is lamentable and unacceptable from an early age.

Same risks but the likelihood changes.

always the.....
If that’s true then should be easy to identify who did it and ban them for life.
Who the fuck can afford to throw away a pint of coins nowadays?
You never know with Abu Dhabi tho, it could be the phantom bus vandal again.

and.....
I'm sure some fans were acting like twats but that sounds like bollocks. Nobody is throwing pint glasses full of coins during a cost of living crisis.

Obvious mitigations for safety:

Do not sell any food or drink in the away section. No one will die if they can't have a drink for 90 minutes and the absence of food/drink containers gives them less to throw.

Do not sell the first five rows of seats and rope them off. Eject anyone who crosses the rope.

Keep aisles clear and employ enough security staff/police to ensure this.

Anyone jibbing in is spitting on the memory of the Hillsborough dead. Therefore they should not just be ejected but prosecuted, and automatically banned from the Etihad for life with a court injunction against them.

Yes, this would be costly, but fuck it. Safety is paramount and the only alternative is to ban LFC fans altogether.
I’ll take option B

I would, but the wording within this paragraph pisses me off so much:

City 'claimed' coins were thrown and our bus was attacked because it happened!!

Did Liverpool 'claim' there was vile chanting about Hillsborough? No, it must be fact then. As far as I'm concerned, the graffiti wasn't even written by City fans.
In the Guardian, writing before the match about the tension, Andy Hunter said Klopp had been "falsely accused of xenophobia".

He was accused of xenophobia and denied it. That doesn't make the accusation false, and I would think a journalist would know better.

And counterfeit, surely?

They particularly liked singing Foden's mum is a fat slag.

The worst.

Yes they have an issue with a young lady defending her son but no issue with a bloke punching her.

Imagine being the low life punching a lady & then releasing the video, pieces of shit.

That whole incident sums up the way they operate. They intimidate & bully, then outraged when people stand up to them & feel vindicated to use violence then have no shame & they aren’t critisized for their actions.

I’ll take option B
I am coming to think that for safety reasons a mutual ban on away fans would be a good thing.

Sad state of affairs - even in the darkest days we never came near this with the Rags. But when mere chants can provoke random violence, there is a real danger someone will end up dead. And I really don't want that, especially as it's odds on the dead person will be innocent, and not one of the scrotes. I think the two clubs should seriously consider the options and be realistic about how fans behave.

I am coming to think that for safety reasons a mutual ban on away fans would be a good thing.

Sad state of affairs - even in the darkest days we never came near this with the Rags. But when mere chants can provoke random violence, there is a real danger someone will end up dead. And I really don't want that, especially as it's odds on the dead person will be innocent, and not one of the scrotes. I think the two clubs should seriously consider the options and be realistic about how fans behave.

When the media allow them room to claim victimhood for their crimes then it'll continue, we should be banning them from the Etihad until they show contrition and start punishing the feral filth they call fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.