Liverpool fans throwing missiles from South Stand Level 3

Can't disagree that other places had it worse in that respect but you're forgetting hillsborough in this. The affect it had on the city and people, only to be falsely blamed and accused for it by the government, media, and establishment and then be taunted about it by the entire country seems to have been overlooked by you here.
Hillsborough was 1989, mate. Liverpool fans were cnuts many years before then.

Of course it is. Do you think Everton were by affected by Hillsborough and taunted about it in the same way since? Hillsborough was political.
Bollocks, nobody taunts you about Hillsborough

There are plenty more reprehensible deeds your feral fans have been behind. Try and explain last nightm explain why you light flares, thown flares, coins and full pints of piss down onto fans below. Explain your Manchester is full of shit chant.

Come on apologist, do your best lah

Can't disagree that other places had it worse in that respect but you're forgetting hillsborough in this. The affect it had on the city and people, only to be falsely blamed and accused for it by the government, media, and establishment and then be taunted about it by the entire country seems to have been overlooked by you here.
Exactly my point. I'm not forgetting Hillsborough at all. It was a fucking awful event but you lot seem to think this gives you a vantage point of suffering over everyone else. It doesn't. And if you lot didn't sing about the Munich air disaster then you might have a leg to stand on regarding any songs that have supposedly been sung, but you do, so you can wind it in. You aren't special.

Our corporate management see this as a damage limitation exercise. The execs believe it's in the best interests of the company to be seen by the broadcasters, the sponsors, the football authorities, the media, you know the powerful stakeholders in the game, to be doing the right thing, where the right thing is whatever protects the interests of those powerful stakeholders.

Unfortunately you don't find solutions to problems if your primary objective is not the problem itself, but how it effects the vested interest.

We're doubly f**ked because we've shackled ourselves to Liverpool FC, a club that doesn't do self awareness, a club that has powerful allies in the media, and that has allowed them to frame the problem on their terms.

The executives aren't idiots, so they must have considered what the outcome of these joint letters was going to be. They must have considered what was likely to happen putting Liverpool fans upstairs. Surely? And by letting them leave the same time as City fans?

I am at a loss to understand it all.

The entire country did and do not taunt Liverpool about Hillsborough. That’s as gross an exaggeration as City fans calling the bus incident at Liverpool a ‘terrorist attack and people could have died’.

Bollocks, nobody taunts you about Hillsborough

There are plenty more reprehensible deeds your feral fans have been behind. Try and explain last nightm explain why you light flares, thown flares, coins and full pints of piss down onto fans below. Explain your Manchester is full of shit chant.

Come on apologist, do your best lah
This should be interesting

The thing that gets me is that as toxic as the relationship is between the two clubs only one set of fans stoops to violence.
That's not true. I saw a Liverpool fan get a hiding in the Family Stand of all places last night. He was asking for trouble by giving it out in the home end, so I've no real sympathy for him, but it's a bit disingenuous to say that only one set of fans stoops to violence. Every club has it's idiots.

In response to the last paragraph of a post by Gorton-tubster in the locked email thread, the treatment of Liverpool and its people over the years by thatcher, tory governments, police, press, the establishment etc. over hillsborough, and subsequently the general population of this country who have peddled the same old lies, has undoubtedly led to a lot of heartache, hatred and bitterness.

I honestly think a big part of why Liverpool are disliked by large parts of the country is because Liverpool supporters don't want anything to with them and don't want to be like them, as a result of this treatment. The shit Liverpool have taken over the years about Hillsborough and poverty inevitably creates a rift and 'scouse not english' becomes the sentiment. People up and down the country then don't like it and the resentment becomes mutual.

The poor girl getting hit by something last night absolutely shouldn't have happened and was disgraceful. How anyone can think it's acceptable to indiscrimately throw anything into a crowd full of people is beyond me. I hope whoever did it is caught and punished accordingly.

At the same time, the ramping up of the taunting of people over death and poverty is also inexcusable and is obviously designed to hurt and inflame things.

All this 'what about...' shite is pathetic and gets you nowhere. It's partly why I said yesterday that this one-sided view that Liverpool are scum and City are squeaky clean so it's ok to abuse the scousers as much as you like, is wrong, and actually perpetuates more of the bitterness and unsavoury incidents between the clubs. Liverpool, as do any club, including city, have supporters who will cross the line. City have supporters who are happy to ramp things up with the death taunts. Unfortunately, incidents like last night then become horribly inevitable if it's not reigned in.

You will probably all disgaree but the joint statement seems sensible to me. What needs to happen is that both Liverpool and City accept responsibility for their failings. No ifs or buts. Maybe then things might improve.

I will await the usual vermin, ****, rat, fuck off shouts. But if that's the approach you want to take, maybe you're part of the problem.
You're part of the problem...so please do us all a favour and fuck off.

No insults from me.

And you have tried to engage with the question of why Liverpool are the most hated fanbase in England. So kudos for that. But really, you think the country doesn't like Liverpool fans because of this Scouse not English nonsense? People laugh at Liverpool fans for that, they don't hate you for it. You aren't the only city that has been treated badly by successive governments.

But let's talk about death. When did you get an aversion to celebrating death in tragedies? Was it after 1958? I don't think so with all the Munich banners and chants. Around 1985 perhaps? Naah, I have seen pictures from Heysel with Munich banners and Liverpool players casually talking to fans over them. After Bradford maybe? After Heysel? Nope, I have reports here of Munich chants after 1985. Would it possibly be after Hillsborough? You would think so, wouldn't you. But no. You have heard of Harold Shipman? Sentenced in 2000, up to 250 victims. Pretty bad. And yet you still, to this day, have a Harold Shipman chant. So when did this aversion to celebrating death actually start? Or is it just switched on and off as the situation requires.

You see, one of the main reasons you are hated as a fanbase is your hypocrisy, not any socio-economic bullshit.

Fantastic post, unfortunately the apologist will have to go light a candle and start a vigil....it just won't sink in

Hang on, could AJ really be Sam Lee ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.