Liverpool (h) - CL QF post match thread

First goal offside. Sterling penalty. Away goal ruled out which was onside. Sane goal ruled out with three officials close by who couldn’t see what we saw in the upper tier. Nothing to do with the officials? Really?

Also, and really I think I may be being a bit out on an extreme here and sounds all conspiracy nonsense but

First leg bad decisions we had a german ref while playing against a german manager.

Second leg we had shocking decision and a spanish ref who has issues with Pep a Catalan.

Refs should have been Italian, french or another euro nation than the 2 we had imho

First goal offside. Sterling penalty. Away goal ruled out which was onside. Sane goal ruled out with three officials close by who couldn’t see what we saw in the upper tier. Nothing to do with the officials? Really?

Exactly this

Also, and really I think I may be being a bit out on an extreme here and sounds all conspiracy nonsense but

First leg bad decisions we had a german ref while playing against a german manager.

Second leg we had shocking decision and a spanish ref who has issues with Pep a Catalan.

Refs should have been Italian, french or another euro nation than the 2 we had imho

Doesn't sound nonsense to me at all

Hardly expected anything else, but some of the comments on here are so poor you tend to think they are made by the half-and-half scarf people that have seen their day out spoilt.

As for half-and-half scarves, I hate them as well cause they are worn by people who simply have a day out and want to brag at home they have been to the game. The same people that celebrate when we score only to walk away for a coffee or beer and miss the next 10 minutes, adding to another 10 minutes coming in late after half time and ask you to take a picture of them. Mind you I am a foreigner and support City for over 40 years. And not all foreigners are like that. A lot of British fans buy, wear and behave like half-and-half’s.

As for people doubting Pep, you can’t have it both ways. Pep will never ever give in to his principals and rightly so. His teams are simply a joy to watch. It might not win them every piece of silverware, but that comes with the honour of being a fan of the team managed by Pep.
We could and should have beaten United. We were the better side over 90 minutes.
Not so vs Liverpool away although the refereeing decisions could have made it differently.
As for last night we thrashed them and could’ve been 3 up at half time. The goal not given and Pep sending of was crucial. Liverpool scoring was always in the making and it happened when we led 1-0, not 3-0. End of the game simple as that.

We have a young team with probably a few ‘oldies’ ready to be replaced in time. We will be better next term. And even a disappointed week like this won’t change my mind. As for bent referees, we simply need to take that hurdle as well. We are City, not loved in England and Europe. There is an agenda. Get used to it.

City fans do not let just the possession and passing stats blind you from the fact that we have looked poor in last three games. We got well and truly beaten, also these were the games where we gave opposition a chance and they did not hesitate to take them. We can go back to multiple PL games this season where the opposition quality failed to punish us, not in the last three games. Do not let Pep bias make you blind. Do not start acting and talking like rags.
Pep too is fallible, he has made some glaring mistakes in CL, lets not just blame the players.

Take cover!

I'm more sad about the united loss. Wanted to win tittle against rags, IDC CL at the moment.

Hardly expected anything else, but some of the comments on here are so poor you tend to think they are made by the half-and-half scarf people that have seen their day out spoilt.

As for half-and-half scarves, I hate them as well cause they are worn by people who simply have a day out and want to brag at home they have been to the game. The same people that celebrate when we score only to walk away for a coffee or beer and miss the next 10 minutes, adding to another 10 minutes coming in late after half time and ask you to take a picture of them. Mind you I am a foreigner and support City for over 40 years. And not all foreigners are like that. A lot of British fans buy, wear and behave like half-and-half’s.

As for people doubting Pep, you can’t have it both ways. Pep will never ever give in to his principals and rightly so. His teams are simply a joy to watch. It might not win them every piece of silverware, but that comes with the honour of being a fan of the team managed by Pep.
We could and should have beaten United. We were the better side over 90 minutes.
Not so vs Liverpool away although the refereeing decisions could have made it differently.
As for last night we thrashed them and could’ve been 3 up at half time. The goal not given and Pep sending of was crucial. Liverpool scoring was always in the making and it happened when we led 1-0, not 3-0. End of the game simple as that.

We have a young team with probably a few ‘oldies’ ready to be replaced in time. We will be better next term. And even a disappointed week like this won’t change my mind. As for bent referees, we simply need to take that hurdle as well. We are City, not loved in England and Europe. There is an agenda. Get used to it.
I find it hard to disagree with you
The football we have played this season has been a joy to watch
We play tough games usualy 3 times a week .The greatest teams in the world cannot play at there best every game .Some refs decision have been poor but we also over the season got away with some poor decision.
My biggest gripe though That liverpool "fans" smashed Citys coach up and escape punishment till end of the season .is that really fair ?

I just think playing the intense way we do over the season that the champions league will be a step too far every year. The players were out on their feet, I think for us to win it we will have to sacrifice the league, now it’s not the Pep way so I honestly don’t think we will do it with him. He didn’t manage it at Bayern and their league isn’t as hard as ours. The same can be said if the Spanish league with Barca, they can cruise through all but a hand full of matches.
I think the football we play is superb and I’d happily take the league over the CL every year but it’s nit what the owners want and that showed against United, if Aguero wasn’t going to start last night he should have started against the scum.
The season is almost done and it’s been great and I think we will come back even stronger let’s jyst hope Liverpool and the rags win fuck all.

The worst thing is, with Barca out I can see that bunch of little red b******* going on to win it. I hope they don’t, they are unbearable st the best of times.

Happy to see Pep call out the ref’s over the last three games.....the decisions that went against us were down right blatant fouls and pens and if it was not so blatant you would be right in the minority to not think that something underhand was a at play. This will only galvanise the booing if the CL anthem

That said our lads (some who are young and still gaining experience) have looked mentally shot in the second half of the last 3 games. It seems that the effort that has been put in since last august has caught up with the majority of the team, both physical and mental. We cannot take what has been though a scintilating season for us fans, players and our club and we now have to concentrate on getting the points required from the remaining league games to secure the premiership title.

Questions will be asked now of both the team and Pep and rightly so because that is the nature of the beast.....last night has shown that the latter part of this season and for the forthcoming seasons that Bernado Silva has finally settled and is only going to get better. Jesus linked up well with Raheem for that early goal, but he is still a young raw talent in the english league and will again improve next season, his movement in the box last night was not 100% as few of the balls played in he just over ran slightly but that will be tweaked by Pep.

As we all know the main concern is the return to the form of last season, in terms of brsin fart moments and when under pressure the opposition when having a chance to shoot are hitting the back of the net. For me the otamendi mistake has been a regular occurance over these 2 ties now - the over ran ball into midfiekd and last night against Firminio, the decision lies with Pep now on this one. Will he stick with him or go next season with Laporte and Stones as the new partnership.

I feel we may see changes in the summer, not an overhaul because that isnt needed. But some key areas will be addressed by Pep.

We should however be proud of our lads...the rest of the league can snipe all they want, but i bet they would trade places with us all day long.

Lets go and secure the league title now and cap of a great season for us

CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.