Liverpool (H) | Post match thread

Apart from Alty/VAR and poor finishing all of which we have no real control over what did for us was not being 'on it' at the very start of the second half.
I will give credit to Salah for that second goal, as it was a wonderful pass through the defence, setting Mane an easy finish.

Agree. Taking a still freeze frame doesn't show how quickly that move was breaking and the direction of the ball travel. It looks a bit of piss to slide Forden in there taking it from a photo, but it probably was the opposite
ezgif-3-9da40407ce.gif

It was not that difficult, even in real time, as testified by Kev’s reaction (if he can make the pass he did whilst a player was trying to take him down, Riyad can make a simple 8 yard pass forward whilst under no real pressure). He could have even chipped it to Phil’s side for a tap in.

Here’s a close up of him looking over when Phil was wide-open and onside.

ezgif-1-9ceeb442b9.gif

Yesterday proved we are streets ahead of that shower, however they are far more clinical than us. We should of smashed them yesterday and I am hopeful we will win the league but we will only have ourselves to blame - mistakes do cost us but when we look back at the season, Southampton both games, Palace away - there's 6 points if we were clinical in finishing the chances we had
2 disallowed goals we had though.

He still looks off on the earlier frame (if the vertical line does the same).
If you are on phone or ipad , turn that shot 360 degrees and align your eye sight parallel to the line and see for yourself.Now you get the top view like bird eye . Compare raz’s shoulder with Van dick left foot .
This is the real flaw of var because their angle is from side view but the decision is based on height compared to base in this case raz’s shoulder which is still on even though the ball is a foot away from kdb’s boot.

Yeah I don’t think the goal we scored would have happened if Sterling had scored though. I think it was virtually the same passage of play wasn’t it?

it’s the story of our season. However, would we have played as well with a striker? I have no idea.

the only problem i see with playing a striker in pep setup is trying to keeping him from wanting to play every game

Should've ,Would've ,Could've is all very well , we probably didnt get the decisions but we never do against the Dippers its nothing new , but that game would have demoralised their players because we bossed the game for 45 minutes and left their defence in pieces.Even in the second half with their presumed better performance they had to resort to rough house tactics to keep us at bay.
In the grand scheme of things the semi-final is not a must win the FA Cup is recognised little more than the Carabao Cup nowadays , but we do need to do football the service of stopping the deluded Dippers even considering a quadruple.
Wouldnt be surprised if Pep plays some fringe players like Steffen,Ake,Zinchenko and fill the bench with kids , it is third in the list of priorities , but even a weakend team playing the same system will give the Dippers a game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.