Liverpool (H) | Post match thread

Let’s not fuck around here and waste oxygen on speculation.. 100% nailed on, Sterling’s goal is given if he’s wearing red, 100% certain City Would have had 9 players on the pitch after the blatant fouls the dipper’s committed… End fuckin of…!!!!!!
absolutely. And no one would have said a thing. Except City fans.

Does anyone think it will get to a stage where fans don't cheer goals due to VAR?
After Sterling's disallowed goal yesterday its making me think twice now about cheering.
It’s already happening. Listen to the cheer when we kick off after the second goal. That was pent up because a lot around me weren’t celebrating that one or the one that was disallowed. That sheer unadulterated ecstasy when you see the referee turn and point to the centre spot is gone forever

It’s already happening. Listen to the cheer when we kick off after the second goal. That was pent up because a lot around me weren’t celebrating that one or the one that was disallowed. That sheer unadulterated ecstasy when you see the referee turn and point to the centre spot is gone forever
Yes it's such a mood hoover VAR.
Very sad, they will be ruling out 30 yard screamers next

If you look at Mahrez’s left foot by the time he passes to Phil he’s offside
Phil is not offside. The gif I made of the full sequence was taken down for some reason (probably copyright) but here is a still frame of the second Mahrez looks up (gif shows this, as well), stutter steps (choosing not to pass), and then follows through on the doomed shot. He had the opportunity to play the simple pass for an all but certain goal. The stutter, more than anything, meant the chance had gone.

Watching the close up of Mahrez taking the shot, I am not even sure it was on target, so in some ways VVD saved him from further embarrassment (by making it look like he just missed a more difficult attempt).

2-FF52-A79-6-A8-E-4-FA4-8-B9-B-418-A7-BCED9-D2.jpg

58-E8-D03-B-B913-409-A-BF83-850598-EB582-B.gif

Phil is not offside. The gif I made of the full sequence was taken down for some reason (probably copyright) but here is a still frame of the second Mahrez looks up (gif shows this, as well), stutter steps (choosing not to pass), and then follows through on the doomed shot. He had the opportunity to play the simple pass for an all but certain goal. The stutter, more than anything, meant the chance had gone.

Watching the close up of Mahrez taking the shot, I am not even sure it was on target, so in some ways VVD saved him from further embarrassment (by making it look like he just missed a more difficult attempt).

2-FF52-A79-6-A8-E-4-FA4-8-B9-B-418-A7-BCED9-D2.jpg

58-E8-D03-B-B913-409-A-BF83-850598-EB582-B.gif
Proves it was a shit shot and not deflected for a corner

Does anyone think it will get to a stage where fans don't cheer goals due to VAR?
After Sterling's disallowed goal yesterday its making me think twice now about cheering.
Yes, as @Didsbury Dave and I have both posted on here, I have actually stopped celebrating these goals until after VAR has confirmed, and even then it is more muted because the excitement of the moment is gone.

Now, I am at home for all of our games these days, but that is just a big an issue as the destruction of the matchgoing experience, as the vast majority of people watching PL matches are watching via TV broadcast.

If you take away the excitement of being there AND the excitement of watching remotely, what is left?

Should've ,Would've ,Could've is all very well , we probably didnt get the decisions but we never do against the Dippers its nothing new , but that game would have demoralised their players because we bossed the game for 45 minutes and left their defence in pieces.Even in the second half with their presumed better performance they had to resort to rough house tactics to keep us at bay.
In the grand scheme of things the semi-final is not a must win the FA Cup is recognised little more than the Carabao Cup nowadays , but we do need to do football the service of stopping the deluded Dippers even considering a quadruple.
Wouldnt be surprised if Pep plays some fringe players like Steffen,Ake,Zinchenko and fill the bench with kids , it is third in the list of priorities , but even a weakend team playing the same system will give the Dippers a game.
After bossing them yesterday, we need to do it again. That will really mess their heads up. For that reason we must go full strength again but I have a feeling we won’t.

Is there anybody actually at the games that claims to not celebrate a goal anymore? You see so many comments about people saying they dont celebrate yet I've never seen a single person refuse to celebrate at the ground.

Here is the frame that *NBC SPORTS* showed to determine if Sterling was onside right after the goal, at which point the commentators agree he was just on side. This frame is inline with the rules for determining offside.

VAR subsequently used a later frame where the ball was well off Kev’s foot to determine Sterling was offside.

Everything about today was corruption in broad daylight.

A7-ECC2-CF-4643-473-B-BB0-E-22-FC5317-D863.jpg

C5-C7-A3-F1-22-EF-4508-89-A3-370673-EAEA4-C.jpg
I’ve just noticed where the offside line is depicted here relative to Jesus’ body (and how far ahead of Matip’s foot he is)…

But no, nothing to see here, perfectly reasonable call.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.